Parts For Delavan pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts For Delavan pump

The water system in our off-grid house is pumped from a cistern in the basement. The cistern is filled with lake water & treated first but that
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PointyHairedBoss; 01-28-2019, 09:04 PM. Reason: Sorry this makes no sense, this post keeps getting truncated

The above post is several lines long but keeps getting truncated to the first line. Help anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by PointyHairedBoss View Post
      The above post is several lines long but keeps getting truncated to the first line. Help anyone?
      If you are cutting and pasting, paste into a pure ASCII text editor first.
      If you are composing from a phone or browser that features "smart quotes" (different angle on initial quote mark from final quote mark) you must NOT enable that text feature when posting.
      Minimize the use of special characters in general, and avoid square brackets unless you are careful not to accidentally make a valid attribute tag with them.
      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

There are no special characters that I can see.
        I thought the problem may have been caused by pasting from MS Word so I copied to Notepad then recopied . Same problem

Comment

Notepad failed again. Also tried copying to text only empty email then here. Same result.

Comment

I'll try this - here's a screenshot of my question
            Attached Files

Comment

The screenshot shows the problem. The apostrophe in the word "that's" is not the standard ASCII apostrophe, which is a simple vertical tick mark. Instead it is a "smart" apostrophe, which shows up comma shaped, but in the upper position. I am not sure how it was generated, but it is not the same character that you would get by hitting that key on your keyboard.
              Try deleting that word and then retyping it in Notepad and I think it will paste correctly.
              Anyway, that is the character position in your post that is breaking the text.
              It is "plain text" in the sense that it does not contain explicit formatting information, but at the same time it uses a character encoding called UTF-8 to get some characters which are not part of the basic ASCII set.
              SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Ha! Thank's for sorting this out. The post previewed correctly but didn't post. I found 4 more apostrophes
                Here it is again:

The water system in our off-grid house is pumped from a cistern in the basement. The cistern is filled with lake water & treated first but that's a different story.
                The cistern pump is a Delavan 7812-211 diaphragm pump which works very well. I always have a spare pump on hand because the little rubber flapper valves in the valve assembly wear out regularly. When this happens I swap out the pump & fix the one I've just taken out so its ready to go next time. We've been in the house for about 7 years & I've gone through 4 valve assemblies.
                In every case the problem has been that the little nub on the back of one of the valves has broken off or worn enough that the valve falls out of the hole in the housing. The only part available from the manufacturer is the complete valve assembly. They will not sell the individual valves. The whole assembly is not very expensive (about $25 in Canada) but it seems ridiculous to be constantly replacing the assembly when all I need is one small part. I have reused valves from old assemblies & they work fine, but like many rubber components I'm sure they lose flexibility over time so new ones would probably last longer.
                The attached photos show the pump & my collection of leftover parts. Each valve assembly has 5 rubber valves, 3 on one side & 2 on the other. All it takes is for one of them to become dislodged & the pump will not work.
                So getting to the point of this post, does anyone who uses this type of pump have any suggestions as to where I might get the little rubber valves. Or, does anyone know who supplies these parts to Delavan. Maybe I can contact them directly.

Comment

Perhaps an authorized dealer or repair center can get parts Delavan will not sell to an individual? Long shot, but if there is a Chinese clone of that pump parts may be close enough to fit. Quality will be lower of course, but those rascals know how to copy stuff and will sell to anyone with money.

Comment

Working...
                  X