Panel array sizing for DC water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel array sizing for DC water pump

How do you size a panel array for a DC water pump? I am installing a sunpumps submersible (SCS-18-300-240 BL) that will pump 80 mts from pump to tank. I need to know how many panels to use in the system. I am attaching the pump curve chart if useful.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by nicabbq View Post
    How do you size a panel array for a DC water pump? I am installing a sunpumps submersible (SCS-18-300-240 BL) that will pump 80 mts from pump to tank. I need to know how many panels to use in the system. I am attaching the pump curve chart if useful.
    If you look at the second page concerning that pump it will provide you a number of options for the solar panel array size based on the motor voltage, pump rate and distance to pump the water.

Based on that information it looks like you are going to need somewhere between 1300w and 2700watts depending on which motor you get and how fast you need to pump.

Comment

nicabbq ,

What is 80 mts ?

Comment

Originally posted by NEOH View Post
        nicabbq ,

What is 80 mts ?
        I am thinking 80 meters distance between the pump and tank but I could be wrong.

The OP also does not provide any details on how deep the water source is which will affect the size of the pump and solar array.

Comment

The OP also needs to calculate Total Dynamic Head (TDH) in order to come up with reasonably accurate pump and power requirements.

Comment

Working...
          X