Solar Water Pumping Online Training Courses - PDHs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Water Pumping Online Training Courses - PDHs

Like a lot of PEs I have to obtain Professional Development Hours (PDH) documented to renew my license. I work in a rural area and don't have lot of opportunities for face to face training. Recently I have been taking courses through the Grunfos Training Institute. They offer live on line courses and recorded Webinars, both which issue PDHs after viewing. Every states continuing education requirements do vary but these webinars work for my state. They are no cost, just register and start watching. They even keep track of what courses you have taken and offer an instate print out of the PDH certificate. I do print out a copy of the course outline and attach it to my printed certificate for my records.

They have quite a few webinars on pumps available including a couple on solar water pumping plus several others if someone is designing a system. These appear to be awareness level courses, not heavy on detail but a possible introduction for those who are just getting into it. Grunfos is European based company and many of the presenters have distinct accents so that may be detriment to some folks.

Originally posted by peakbagger View Post
    Like a lot of PEs I have to obtain Professional Development Hours (PDH) documented to renew my license. I work in a rural area and don't have lot of opportunities for face to face training. Recently I have been taking courses through the Grunfos Training Institute. They offer live on line courses and recorded Webinars, both which issue PDHs after viewing. Every states continuing education requirements do vary but these webinars work for my state. They are no cost, just register and start watching. They even keep track of what courses you have taken and offer an instate print out of the PDH certificate. I do print out a copy of the course outline and attach it to my printed certificate for my records.

They have quite a few webinars on pumps available including a couple on solar water pumping plus several others if someone is designing a system. These appear to be awareness level courses, not heavy on detail but a possible introduction for those who are just getting into it. Grunfos is European based company and many of the presenters have distinct accents so that may be detriment to some folks.
    IMO, Grundfos is a very well run outfit, at least they were when I rep'ed them as one of my product lines when I was a peddler before going back to school, but that was in the '70's. I'm not familiar with their current online training, but if it's of similar quality as their training material from way back when, it's probably pretty good.
    Last edited by J.P.M.; 09-25-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

They claim they are the worlds biggest pump manufacturer. I used to know them as niche manufacturer but it sounds like they got big.

Comment

They claim they are the worlds biggest pump manufacturer. I used to know them as niche manufacturer but it sounds like they got big.
        There are a lot of folks making very good pumps. Who's the "biggest" is somewhat dependent on who you talk to and what type of pump/industry.
        In terms of annual sales Grundfos is big, but not largest. They are a bigger player in HVAC than some other mfgs, and not so much into power/refinery work.

Being the biggest pump mfg. is not to say they make the world's biggest pumps. Just pretty good ones.

Comment

I came up through a pulp and papermill that was Goulds blue. Goulds gave great pricing on projects to make darn sure that the installed base was all goulds and then spent their time educating everyone about the evils of bandit parts. I was sad when they got sucked up by some conglomerate. Their pump training schools in the Seneca Lakes area of NY in the fall were hard to beat.

Comment

I came up through a pulp and papermill that was Goulds blue. Goulds gave great pricing on projects to make darn sure that the installed base was all goulds and then spent their time educating everyone about the evils of bandit parts. I was sad when they got sucked up by some conglomerate. Their pump training schools in the Seneca Lakes area of NY in the fall were hard to beat.
            Yea, I grew up about 15 miles from that facility, and had relatives and friends that were engineers there. Quite a place. So goes American mfg.

Like some vendors would suggest, only slightly tongue in cheek, and some folks in Seneca Falls would argue at the end, they ought to give the pumps away and mark up the parts like bandits after the sale of the equipment. As it turns out, that's not a completely unusual practice. Think razor blades and copier ink.
            Last edited by J.P.M.; 09-25-2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X