No announcement yet.

Another solar pumping question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your response cjb80! Could you please give me a link with the specs for that 3 HP sunpump your using or the model number? What kind of panels are you using to get the 2800W and in what configuration? (how many in series and how many parallel?)

When you say that it waters 2 acres at a time, how long does it take to do that?

thank you

Comment

I don't have the exact model on hand but it is one of their SCS pumps. I am using 10 280 watt panels in a 5x2 configuration. When I say 2 acres at once that means 2500 drip emitters at half a gallon per hour.

Anyways my configuration is not relevant for you as the terrain and watering requirements are different. You should call and talk to an engineer or take a look at the sun pumps documentation on how to size the pump.

Chris

Originally posted by Mrburns View Post
      Thank you for your response cjb80! Could you please give me a link with the specs for that 3 HP sunpump your using or the model number? What kind of panels are you using to get the 2800W and in what configuration? (how many in series and how many parallel?)

When you say that it waters 2 acres at a time, how long does it take to do that?

thank you

Comment

Thank you for your reply Chris!

I know that your setting is different than mine, I just wanted to check out an actual real-life application, not just in theory, to be able to get an approximate idea. I didn't know that Sunpumps has 3 HP pumps, the biggest one I saw was 2 HP, but after further searching I found a couple models, with pretty impressive pump curves. May I ask you at what voltage are you using your pump and what's the approximate pricetag on such a pump?

At the moment I have about 4 hectares (around 10 acres) that needs to be watered daily, that means I need 96,000 L/day.

For simplicity I was trying to figure out a suitable pump that would handle 1 hectare (2.5 acres) a day, which would be 24,000 L/day (around 28 GPM). I was looking at the Grundfos SQflex 25 SQ-7 pump curve, with my settings (a TDH of 90 feet) it could pump around 6000 L/h, which means it could water 1 hectare in 4 hours, which would work considering that my average summer insolation is over 5.

Is there any losses that I should account for (other then the losses on the drip and main lines) going straight by the pump curve data?

Comment

Working...
        X