The maximum power horses !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thastinger
    1. You're positive there is no way to get grid power to that location for under 100K?
    that is right.
    2. You need to go about this from the other direction. If a smaller pump would do the job, it'll be less expensive to buy the proper size pump than to add PV to run the 20HP...assuming the proper size isn't 19HP anyway.
    well, maybe but i need to know what to do next. (suppose it is 10hp)
    3. does everything need to come from this one well and pump?
    Yes.
    your DC pump
    It's an AC pump.
    run time is going to be limited to the peak sun hours, don't know if that will do the job for you or not but, if not, maybe a couple of smaller pumps running the same time would.
    what about batteries?
    4. Where are you located and what months of the year would this pump be needed?
    - Israel.
    - all 12 months.

Thanks

Comment

if it's an AC pump and 20HP then that is going to be a 406V pump, which is 3 phase AC with a neutral. You have just exceeded my level of experience, as stated above, you need to hire a professional design company
      1150W, Midnite Classic 200, Cotek PSW, 8 T-605s

Comment

Originally posted by thastinger View Post
        if it's an AC pump and 20HP then that is going to be a 406V pump, which is 3 phase AC with a neutral.
        No neutral required, it is 3-phase and and they do not use a neutral.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Can a 50KVA generator start this thing? it would be much cheaper to use a generator to run this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
            No neutral required, it is 3-phase and and they do not use a neutral.
            My service, heat pump, elevator etc are 4 wire 3 phase
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
              My service, heat pump, elevator etc are 4 wire 3 phase
              Most likely the controls use L-N voltage, but the 3-phase motors do not. I assume you have something like 208/120 wye service. L-N is the 120 volts and line to line is 208. You would have to have a wye service to get your 120 volts or whatever standard line voltage you use for receptacles.
              MSEE, PE

Comment

I found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_jCy...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by amd711 View Post
                  As I do not speak or read Arabic, I can't help you at all on understanding that system.
                  SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by amd711
                    i have a well with a 20hp pump already fixed on it. So, regardless of
                    the head, flow or expenses. i need to run this pump using solar power.
                    I am trying to understand how a 20 hp pump got installed, when there was no way to power
                    it? Maybe there is a diesel generator there?

The problem with AC motors, is they tend to need steady full power to run. Solar is anything
                    but steady & predictable over the day and year. Trying to store up power in batteries to level
                    the power on this scale would require boxcar loads of batteries, along with all sorts of operating
                    complications. In the end you need the diesel anyway to preserve the batteries. And the
                    complexity will hurt the efficiency.

DC pumps are available with controls to make use of whatever power a solar system can deliver
                    at that moment. A big tank can store water overnight or even days when solar output is weak.

There are AC motors and controls designed for variable speed. See the latest generation of
                    rail locomotives. Solar may eventually have such equipment, perhaps not today. I doubt it
                    will use your current stock AC 20 hp pump. Bruce Roe

Comment

55 kw water pump off grid

i currently run a 60 hp water pump producing 500+gpm water @ 350 ft deep using solar dc no inverter or mppt works great so far

Comment

Originally posted by stubbyboy View Post
                        i currently run a 60 hp water pump producing 500+gpm water @ 350 ft deep using solar dc no inverter or mppt works great so far
                        What pump?
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Prove it.
                          MSEE, PE

Comment

vertical turbine pump shaft drive using permanent magnet motor

Comment

vertical turbine pump shaft drive using permanent magnet motor
                              Blah Blah Blah. Show pictures and documentation.
                              MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
                                Blah Blah Blah. Show pictures and documentation.
                                so your saying it cant be done ?

Comment

Working...
                                X