X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FloridaSun
    Solar Fanatic
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by SunEagle
    Since you really didn't provide specific differences between each product you tested I can only presume that some panels performed better than others but may still fall within the manufactures specification.
    No specific differences between panels OR specifically what inverter he is using.

Comment

• green
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2012

Dreamers are needed in this world. I have some inventions I would like to get patents for. I've even had some ideas stolen by large companies because I was a little to loose lipped about them. I've learned to keep my ideas quite and document everything and to only discuss them with people I trust. Anyways don't be to hard on the dreamers, some just dream out loud.

Comment

• russ
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2009

This place is full of BS artists that have the latest and greatest - that never sees the drawing board, let alone the light of day.

Some time back we had a guy from one of the IIT's (tech universities) that was carrying on about some angel dust they had come up with that doubled panel output or some such stuff - he got lost.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• deepakpandey2403
          • May 2013

Originally posted by FloridaSun
          hahahaha! you're funny, coming on, claiming you're a 'programmer' who works for ABB, has a new 'magic box' inverter from that company but... has no technical back up from the company and looking for answers.. and how did you acquire this new design, I wonder ? Or is the tech/RD dept at ABB so sad they have to look online for development answers? I'm still waiting to see the product. Also wondering why you're connecting 3Kw of panels to a 2.2Kw inverter. You've given only obtuse evidence about this grand new invention soon to come... (or most likely never be). Only certain thing I understand is that it doesn't quite work as you expected.
          "...good out-of-box solar PV character document/link/ref etc." is available online or from the manufacturers and can be googled easy enough. Why do you come here for that answer?
          If you read the question, it was specifically on panel properties and not on inverters.

Read before
          Originally posted by FloridaSun
          hahahaha! *you're funny, coming on, claiming you're a 'programmer' who works for ABB, has a new 'magic box' inverter from that company but... has no technical back up from the company and looking for answers.. *and how did you acquire this new design, I wonder ? Or is the tech/RD dept at ABB so sad they have to look online for development answers?

Comment

• SunEagle
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by deepakpandey2403
            If you read the question, it was specifically on panel properties and not on inverters.

Read before
            I believe I answered your question on why different panels provide different outputs. There isn't really any standards concerning which type of material a manufacturer has to use to make a pv panel. As long as they state what the panel is rated at in volts and amps and calculated wattage it doesn't matter if they are made from mono, poly or thin film cell materials. Yet each of those type panels provide different output characteristics.

Comment

Working...