Opinions on Solar Converters Inc Linear Current Boosters ??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sol-la-rae
    • Mar 2013

Opinions on Solar Converters Inc Linear Current Boosters ??

Hi folks,

We have installed a solar DC pump.
    It's a Dankoff pump and unfortunately Dankoff don't have a suitable LCB. Their old range of LCBs would have been fine (they had a high AMP unit in that range), but right now they have one LCB and it is rated to 10 amps. They advised AGAINST using it in our application (12 amps) with their pump. Long story.

Anyway, I am looking at getting an LCB from Solar Converters Inc. Oddly, I have found zero reviews or comments online about the quality of their equipment. I see numerous videos and DIY articles mentioning them, but nothing about whether they are reliable. I was looking for such info because a solar expert I know (been working with off-grid for over 40 years) says he stopped selling them some years ago because they wouldn't last long as he'd have to deal with too many complaints. He was not certain if SCI have improved the quality in recent years. So I went looking for other opinions, and I found none.

So I thought I'd ask here. Surely there are people here using an LCB with their DC pump, and perhaps some of you use the SCI one. Or if you use another brand (other than the past Dankoff models, or the new low amp Dankoff model), please let me know. Solar Converters Inc was the only brand I found so far.

With much thanks

Jonathan
  • MikeSolar
    Solar Fanatic
    • May 2012

Try Thermo-dynamics.com

You may find it there.

Comment

Working...