Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aric Dyson
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by SolarRuke
    I'm somewhat confused, what makes a good phone charger? Plus I have an iPhone. Here are the chargers: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004R10W5G
    and

What's the difference between them other than price. I'm kinda leaning towards the one with suction cups. Thanks!
    There are some tips on how to choose a good charger for your phone. You have to consider this tips, choosing a good variety including the voltage, versatility, and most importantly, it is compatible with others phone.

Comment

• PNjunction
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2012

That's why I tout the Solio Classic 2 phone charger. Good enough that it doesn't even need a suspicious link.

Pros:
      * 3200mah battery, large enough to actually do some good.
      * Panels - again the three of them together are actually large enough to do some good
      * User selectable Apple / Rest of the world function. This is unlike some other chargers that are nothing more than glorified dumb usb ports that may or may not meet any real-world specs, nevermind having any sort of Apple/World port selection.
      * Self-contained - no wiring mess or specialized connector cables needed.
      * Will charge from solar OR usb.
      * Battery status check
      * User replaceable battery

As far as solar phone charging toys go, this one had some thought put into it.

CONS: like all charger toys, you need to track the sun and it needs all day to charge. Putting it on your backpack, like all the others, will result in MUCH longer times, no matter how much of a mountain-man one may want to be.

Comment

Working...