Solar Powered Air Cleaner for Allergy Sufferers?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • natel
    • Apr 2012

Solar Powered Air Cleaner for Allergy Sufferers?

I suffer from allergies in the spring, summer, and fall and I'm wondering if I might want to hook a solar panel up to a 12v fan ( maybe a cheap radiator fan from a wrecked car?) and put a HEPA filter on a window. I would point the fan so that the air blows into the house and is filtered. I imagine that I would have to change the filter quite often, but if it makes my allergies better, it's well worth the cost to me. I was also thinking of putting the solar panel near the top edge of the window and using it to keep the sun off the window to help a little with the heat in the house. What do you think my more experienced fellow members here? I hope this idea is not as bad as the other two ideas I thought of so far.
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

Automotive radiator fans are huge power hogs - 10 -30 amps @ 12V or about 240 watts. Maybe a 100w panel might spin it some.

I use a generic 20" window box fan. 3 speeds, cheap, and reasonably low power. I duct tape a couple furnace filters on the intake side. It's not a HEPA filter, but it does clean a LOT of junk out of the air.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• paulafoster416
      Banned
      • Nov 2015

Hello

Thank you so much for sharing this post. Actually I am looking for a Medical Centre and Laboratory Cleaning Services. If you have some time, could you please help me to find?

MOD NOTE: Please do not attach advertisement links to your first post.
      Last edited by SunEagle; 11-15-2015, 10:41 PM. Reason: remove advertisement link

Comment

• Sunking
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2010

Natel any solar option is going to cost you many times more than just using utility power.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...