392 kwh yearly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 392 kwh yearly

Ok, looking into going off grid, have recieved tons of help from SunKing and Russ and others, so now i'm looking into what i consider essential appliance needs.....if i go with a 110ac system from a PV array, is a 18CF refrig with bottom freezer rated at 392kw yearly use a resonable consideration....i looked for tier 3 refrigerators and believe it or not Sears Kenmore was the only one in this size that met the requirements! 18 is big, but i would kill two birds with one stone....hadn't come up with a plan for a freezer yet....and this has both...any input would be great.....rsbhunter OK, after doing more research, i found these at lower kw yearly
    ) Frigidaire LGUI1849L* and Kenmore 9704388*, 18.34 cubic feet, 334 kWh/yr . These are the most energy efficient refrigerator in their category that otherwise meet all of my criteria. At 334 kWh/yr these refrigerators take the prize for being the #1 most efficient refrigerators among all types and sizes. Frigidaire model FPU1888L* is very similar and has almost the same energy savings profile.
    "If you stand for nothing, You'll fall for anything"

That is excellent numbers of roughly 1 Kwh/day for a unit this large. Do you have a family? Or is it just you, beer, and hamburger meat so to speak? Going off grid and being single I would look for something smaller and that uses less power.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Number of people 2

No, it will be 2 adults 98% of the time.....looked at smaller, but couldn't find anything in the Tier 3 level....wasn't looking at this big, if i could find something in the 14 ft size that was more effiecient, or required less KW yearly, i would definatly go that route....looked at some Liebherr (sp?) refrigerators that were in the same size, but didn't show cost....probably enough to make my lungs lose suction! Although, if this wouldn't tax the system i have considered (1000-2000) watts of panels and batteries to match, with the location i sent you, i wouldn't be adverse to this size....but effiency is my #1 goal.....Thanks for the help....rsbhunter
      "If you stand for nothing, You'll fall for anything"

Comment

Working...
      X