lets talk sbout appliances

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inetdog
    replied
    The most efficient washers are found among the ranks of front loaders. They can agitate clothes safely with a minimum amount of water since the clothes do not have to be fully submerged.
    The direct drive speed controlled motor models make for better energy efficiency too. They also feature a high spin speed to reduce the dryer energy needed.

The solar dryer (poles and a line) will be the most efficient possible when the weather is right.

Leave a comment:

• georgerc
    started a topic lets talk sbout appliances

lets talk sbout appliances

something we can all agree on is that renewable energy begins with conservation and efficiency, our current home was built in the 60's with none of that in mind, so we decided to start from scratch and build a better structure out on some acreage, that's another story by itself.

since our current appliances are old, we don't plan on taking any with us, so I have looked into it, I planed on an efficient fridge since ours is probably responsible for most out usage, found out it don't get any more efficient than a chest freezer conversion, but how about a clothes washer? one that is not only energy efficient but also conserves water, a dishwasher I assume any would do on a short wash cycle and no heated dry option, any thoughts/ recent experiences, how about those minisplits, I don't know anything about them
Working...