Motion sensors making LED lights smart lights when you enter the room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion sensors making LED lights smart lights when you enter the room

Using LED DC Direct tape light strips successfully, I think. Are there any inexpensive sensors one can wire to activate them, when you enter an area?

I don't know of any 12VDC motion sensors, Search amazon and google sales ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

There are outdoor, solar powered motion detector lights. Perhaps one of those could be modified to work. Bruce Roe
      Last edited by bcroe; 11-10-2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Google is your friend (usually). Copy/paste and see if this is what you are after.
        MECO 12v Human Motion IR Sensor Automatic Light Switch Infrared

Dave W. Gilbert AZ
        6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Originally posted by azdave View Post
          Google is your friend (usually). Copy/paste and see if this is what you are after.
          MECO 12v Human Motion IR Sensor Automatic Light Switch Infrared
          That's copy/paste as in paste into a search engine, not paste as web address.

For some uses you may want to either adjust the light sensor lockout as insensitive as possible or figure out how to disable that feature completely.
          SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
            That's copy/paste as in paste into a search engine, not paste as web address.

Wow. If someone can't figure out that was not a direct web link they shouldn't be doing their own lighting.

Besides, with all modern browsers you would get the same search results whether putting that into the address line or into a search engine. Try it. It's nearly dummy proof!
            Dave W. Gilbert AZ
            6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Thank you for the input. I could have just searched it myself.I see numerous models smaller more compact .Just the motion sensor part of different outdoor looking light assemblies. Still wondering if anybody has any personal experience with any of the different models . The one mentioned, seems to be a good one ,with daytime detection.

Comment

Just want to mention that in grid use many regular under 60W equivalents can be dimmed. Many standard " non dimmable " lamps can be dimmed by putting a .1uF capacitor in series with the power. Our dog door is in the basement and Fido is getting old. I put one at the basement steps, don't want her tripping in the dark. With a porch light, wire the capacitor across the switch contacts. You'll have a light all night and bright when you need it. This works on the simple ones that just have a full wave rectifier and a resistor for the LED. There is no rhyme or reason as to which ones will work as far as cost. Some will not work at all. Many inverter ones will flash, nice Halloween effect. Many LED will increase efficiency by up to 40% at low power and at a tenth of a watt they can be left on all the time. Just an idea for those places you are likely to stumble at night. A PIR will probably take more power than the light.

Comment

Working...
                X