X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zohaib
    • Apr 2015

Solar system design for villages

Hello,

I am just started working in solar systems. And i want to design a solar system which would used in villages.
    Actually i want a system used for villages which runs 1 or 2 LED bulb, a dc fan, dc TV and Ac sockets for mobile charging and which will run a bulb and a fan at least all the night on battery. And system have to be affordable for village customers.I want your help in this how can i design this system.
    Wait for your useful suggestions.
  • lkruper
    Solar Fanatic
    • May 2015

Originally posted by zohaib
    Hello,

I am just started working in solar systems. And i want to design a solar system which would used in villages.
    Actually i want a system used for villages which runs 1 or 2 LED bulb, a dc fan, dc TV and Ac sockets for mobile charging and which will run a bulb and a fan at least all the night on battery. And system have to be affordable for village customers.I want your help in this how can i design this system.
    Wait for your useful suggestions.
    interesting. Is this a single power source that is routed to multiple residences, or individual systems for each resident?

Comment

• Mike90250
      • May 2009

Welcome.
      First thing, is What is the Load (in Watt Hours) that the system will be designed to?

Until the load is known, (2KWh, 8KWh, 32Kh) the system could end up being undersized, and fail rapidly, or oversized and cost a lot of extra money - except loads always increase. But you need a place to start.

try reading the first 4 "stickies" posts here for design assistance, then continue asking questions
      Remember, you are on your way to becoming a Power Plant Engineer, and will HAVE to learn this stuff.
      Discuss remote solar applications for homes, cabins, RV and boats. If you have a question on equipment for an off grid system, such as charge controllers or inverters, then post your question in this forum.
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Sunking
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2010

Until you determine how many watt hours total you need each day, no one can help you. Once you figure that out you need very deep pockets full of money and sky is the limit budget.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

• Living Large
          Solar Fanatic
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Mike90250
          you are on your way to becoming a Power Plant Engineer
          Is this a term that the Bureau of Labor and Statistics uses?

Comment

Working...