Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which fridge with the lowest wattage?

Hello,

Any fridge ideas? 12 v system, need a fridge with good space. Would a propane fridge be better? Any other ideas? Thanks~

search on here for "freezer conversion". Several of us have converted chest freezers to act a refridgerators. They typically consume about .5Kwh/day and are not as convientant to use in terms of stowage of contents and ease of access but can be lived with if you buy some baskets that fit inside.
    1150W, Midnite Classic 200, Cotek PSW, 8 T-605s

Comment

danfoss compressor

most of the 12 volt fridges use the danfoss compressor, these comsume about 6 amps when the compressor is running. They cycle on and off.
      I did use a wattmeter to record amp usage during a 24 hour period (fridge set to 40 degrees) of an edgestar fp430. It use 25 amps. The edgestar fp430 is the smallest of the edgestar fridges but it had plenty of room for my needs and it actually took up alot of space in my van.
      I sold mine but never had any problems with it in the year I owned it, operated 24/7 right off of solar power. It is a well made fridge and made out of metal, weighs about 60 pounds. Lot of good reviews on it.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by jony101 View Post
        most of the 12 volt fridges use the danfoss compressor, these comsume about 6 amps when the compressor is running. They cycle on and off.
        I did use a wattmeter to record amp usage during a 24 hour period (fridge set to 40 degrees) of an edgestar fp430. It use 25 amps. The edgestar fp430 is the smallest of the edgestar fridges but it had plenty of room for my needs and it actually took up alot of space in my van.
        I sold mine but never had any problems with it in the year I owned it, operated 24/7 right off of solar power. It is a well made fridge and made out of metal, weighs about 60 pounds. Lot of good reviews on it.
        Thank you for responding to my thread, I really appreciate all of the info.

Comment

They say engel units use the least amount of amps, or has the lowest amp hour ratings, so ive read...on the web. So no personal experience from me but i have been stuck on the web researching a lot. They also say the newer units use less energy than the older units. Also, it is different from the others because it uses a different compressor while everyone else uses the danfoss.

Comment

Working...
          X