Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunny Solar
    Solar Fanatic
    • May 2012

I should mention that i have a buddy developing a high output/low input phase motor that will use 1/10 power of current hub motor tech. Seen it in action and it works.RIGHT. SURE.

But while your buddy's project is good ,that's not so great im working on using a AAA cell from Neverready connecting it to an inverter to get 240v then to 69KV through a transformer and selling the excess power I dont need to the power company..

Comment

• MakeBCN
      • Jan 2014

I guess you guys all think the revolution will be televised?

I tell you, there is still a few guys around having fun inventing **** and dont particully care to share with the world. We do have our fun doing stuff and doing things people say we cant do. Sometimes its just a matter of perspective of how a solution can be achieved. Im not here to share or prove my other developments only to let you know that im working on other perspectives.

Though, I am here to share my mobile solar rickshaw project that i am DAM!!! Excited about. So forgive me if i keep returning to my original project. hahaha.... i feel giddy with this solar project.

Just received my new solar regs, pity today its raining, just trying to figure how to wire up both panels to the house reg. didnt order enough cable and some 2-1 connectors. just have one new panel on.

Have to think about water- proofing the system on the shaws, thinking under the canopy as the safest place, though maybe could get hot... anyways, having fun with solar…
      make

Comment

• russ
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by MakeBCN
        I tell you, there is still a few guys around having fun inventing **** and dont particully care to share with the world. We do have our fun doing stuff and doing things people say we cant do. Sometimes its just a matter of perspective of how a solution can be achieved. Im not here to share or prove my other developments only to let you know that im working on other perspectives.
        There are major and minor inventions and discoveries made daily. They vary from useless to important.

They don't have to do with trying to use supercaps for some strange use nor do they have to do with spraying virgin urine on a motor so it uses 90% less power. That stuff flies well on loony green sites but we have nothing to do with that lot.

You gotta be smoking wacky weed for similar!
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• FloridaSun
          Solar Fanatic
          • Dec 2012

I guess you guys all think the revolution will be televised?

Though, I am here to share my mobile solar rickshaw project that i am DAM!!! Excited about. So forgive me if i keep returning to my original project. hahaha.... i feel giddy with this solar project.

Just received my new solar regs, pity today its raining, just trying to figure how to wire up both panels to the house reg. didnt order enough cable and some 2-1 connectors. just have one new panel on.

Have to think about water- proofing the system on the shaws, thinking under the canopy as the safest place, though maybe could get hot... anyways, having fun with solar…
          make
          Here's a pic (without canopy) of a bicycle taxi I used to manufacture
          images.jpg
          These were equipped with rope lighting, sound systems, LCD screen on the rear (for advertising), battery box for group27 battery... which would need charging daily. Even if used in daytime PV would never have been enough for recharge. Get back to basics and determine how many watts you'll be using before adding on this and that to your trike.

For a waterproof charge controller look for anything rated IP68, here's an EU source for Phocos,
          Phocos CIS waterproof solar charge controllers for photovoltaic 12/24/48Vdc off-grid systems. Available at PVshop.eu authorized distributor of Phocos AG

Comment

• MakeBCN
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by FloridaSun
            Here's a pic (without canopy) of a bicycle taxi I used to manufacture
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]3626[/ATTACH]
            These were equipped with rope lighting, sound systems, LCD screen on the rear (for advertising), battery box for group27 battery... which would need charging daily. Even if used in daytime PV would never have been enough for recharge. Get back to basics and determine how many watts you'll be using before adding on this and that to your trike.

For a waterproof charge controller look for anything rated IP68, here's an EU source for Phocos,
            http://pvshop.eu/waterproof-charge-controllers
            cool! thanks florida sun, have some cheap 10 euro controllers to start off on and learn. Will get some nicer waterproof next. I do dream about powering everything , but will be happy with a little music and lights for now. Will be fun !

thanks for the link.
            make

Comment

• MakeBCN
              • Jan 2014

Update: got both my panels hooked up to the RV. Pulling in nearly 7amps , dam powerful!

Made a cool curvy canopy mount for the shaws with a hinge so i can adjust the angles during the ride and when we are waiting. I tested each panel and they both can bring in more than 2amp , so charging our samsung tablet and a small sound system seems within reach. Golf course is just a couple hundred meters from where we are so i will be seeing if i could negotiate a couple of their deep cycle batteries. We'll see...

These new panels are charging our RV bats very well. Though, the house controller is a Steca solarix 12amp with a lcd display that shows lots of things but really dont know what they all mean. Like SOC (state of charge) or IM or IL or LBN, any ideas? Also , i get a volt reading and i suppose a amp reading of 66LBN, is that right?

Anyways, when i get it mounted i will post a pic.

Thanks in advance for any productive info,
              Make

Comment

• SunEagle
                Super Moderator
                • Oct 2012

Update: got both my panels hooked up to the RV. Pulling in nearly 7amps , dam powerful!

Made a cool curvy canopy mount for the shaws with a hinge so i can adjust the angles during the ride and when we are waiting. I tested each panel and they both can bring in more than 2amp , so charging our samsung tablet and a small sound system seems within reach. Golf course is just a couple hundred meters from where we are so i will be seeing if i could negotiate a couple of their deep cycle batteries. We'll see...

These new panels are charging our RV bats very well. Though, the house controller is a Steca solarix 12amp with a lcd display that shows lots of things but really dont know what they all mean. Like SOC (state of charge) or IM or IL or LBN, any ideas? Also , i get a volt reading and i suppose a amp reading of 66LBN, is that right?

Anyways, when i get it mounted i will post a pic.

Thanks in advance for any productive info,
                Make
                You are correct SOC = state of charge. From the Steca PR 10_30 manual I down loaded from their website: IM = Module current, IL = Load current but I could not find anything for LBN.

Comment

• MakeBCN
                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by SunEagle
                  You are correct SOC = state of charge. From the Steca PR 10_30 manual I down loaded from their website: IM = Module current, IL = Load current but I could not find anything for LBN.
                  thanks sun eagle, couldnt download some pdf manuals on my kindle.

Comment

• MakeBCN
                    • Jan 2014

Pixs

Last edited by MakeBCN; 02-02-2014, 05:31 AM. Reason: trouble with pic upload and duplication

Comment

• MakeBCN
                      • Jan 2014

Comment

Working...