adapter for topray solar panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adapter for topray solar panel

Hi ..Just purchased a Topray Solar Panel S1116 briefcase type. Didn't realize it would need a connector/adapter to charge my GoalZero Escape 150 power pack, i.e., from the solar panel it would need a 2 prong sae plug and the other end, for connection to the power pack it would need a 4.7 mm plug. I was wondering if someone could tell me where to purchase this. I have searced all over in the internet --couldn't find one even at those 2 companies websites there's none ..appreciate some help on this ..thanks much!

Originally posted by fringer View Post
    Hi ..Just purchased a Topray Solar Panel S1116 briefcase type. Didn't realize it would need a connector/adapter to charge my GoalZero Escape 150 power pack, i.e., from the solar panel it would need a 2 prong sae plug and the other end, for connection to the power pack it would need a 4.7 mm plug. I was wondering if someone could tell me where to purchase this. I have searced all over in the internet --couldn't find one even at those 2 companies websites there's none ..appreciate some help on this ..thanks much!
    Try one of the automotive sites. All of their wiring is for 12 volts and you may find what you want there.

Comment

The easiest solution would be to use a Goal Zero 4.7MM to female-cigarette lighter accessory cable. You may have to hunt or call them to find it. Your Topray comes with both male and female cigarette lighter adapters as well as standard battery clips.

Warning - if you go ahead and make your own cable, be SURE to verify the polarity of the SAE terminal connectors. Some low end solar products, like my HF/Sunforce panels came with these sae adapters, and they were reversed in polarity as compared to most everything else out there. The reason it worked is that both were wired backwards, (clips and cabling) so in the end it worked as long as I used them with only the HF product.

However, when I tried using the clips with some other gear that had the correct polarity wiring, fuses blew. I was scratching my head for awhile since the color-coding was correct, but the wiring itself was now wrong. Moral is not to trust SAE wiring until you verify polarity with a meter.

Comment

Working...
      X