Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mainahoffgrid
    • Nov 2022

advice on shunts, bus bars and battery balancers

Hi there, any advice would be appreciated for a new member here with camp off grid in woods of Maine, ,

I have 10 mighty max 12v 100ah deep cycle sealed lead acid batteries, Renogy 3000W pure sine wave inverter, weideer 4 string PV combiner box, 2 200 W Newpowa monocrystalline panels,2 175W NewPowa mono panels and a renogy rover 40amp mppt controller, batteries in parallel, keeping the setup simple.

i need assistance in taking the next step in adding shunts , bus bars and a battery balancer on to the system, with 10 batteries and limited sun at times here in Maine, I feel that not all the batteries ,especially at the end of the run are getting enough stored power

are there videos , articles out there to assist me with splitting the 10 batteries into 2 runs of 5 to equally charge them.

Many Thanks
  • organic farmer
    Solar Fanatic
    • Dec 2013

You have 750watts of photovoltaic panels, but because this setup is a mix & match I doubt you will produce more than 500watts from them.

10 batteries, 12vdc, 100ah each, in parallel, would give you 12vdc 1,000 ah.

If you divide them into two strings, of five each, that works out to 24vdc with 500ah.

Is that what you are thinking?

I am also in Maine, technically in Southern Maine about 20 miles North of Bangor.
    4400w, Midnite Classic 150 charge-controller.

Comment

• littleharbor2
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2016

What is your inverter voltage? You have a large amount of small batteries which will be hard to maintain balanced charging. Your best bet would be if your inverter were 48 volt, worst case scenario would be a 12-volt inverter.
      2 Kw PV Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 460ah,

Comment

Working...