X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hicham
    • Jun 2022

Victron Phoenix Inverter 12v 750va doesn't start

Hello Everyone,

My victron Phoenix Inverter 12v 750va just doesn't want to start, no led, no noise... I decided to open it and everything seems to be fine : the 3 30A fuses, the small fuse in the switch circuit, all mosfets and diodes. I basically see no short anywhere. It seems more of on open circuit somewhere as no voltage go to the drive board. Any idea where to look at ? are there any other fuses ?

Thank you.
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Hicham
    Hello Everyone,

My victron Phoenix Inverter 12v 750va just doesn't want to start, no led, no noise... I decided to open it and everything seems to be fine : the 3 30A fuses, the small fuse in the switch circuit, all mosfets and diodes. I basically see no short anywhere. It seems more of on open circuit somewhere as no voltage go to the drive board. Any idea where to look at ? are there any other fuses ?

Thank you.
    Hello Hicham and welcome to Solar Panel Talk

My first guess is that the 12V battery is not good or the wiring from it has failed

My second guess is that the victron inverter is bad even though you have not found any of the components that may be bad.

Either check the battery and wiring first or try out another inverter to see if you can get a working system.

Comment

• Hicham
      • Jun 2022

Hello SunEagle,

Thank you for welcoming me and i am happy to see some help in front of this inverter.

I actually did not feed it from a battery but from my Bench Power Supply to limit the current in case of short circuits.

I saw written in the fuse close to the on/off swith a fuse like a resistor market F5, but could only find 4 fuses. Is there another one hidden ?

I tried to see or follow the PWM driving the Mosfets but all that board if hidden with an orange paint.

What else to check before considering this repair a fail ?

Thank you.

Comment

• SunEagle
        Super Moderator
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Hicham
        Hello SunEagle,

Thank you for welcoming me and i am happy to see some help in front of this inverter.

I actually did not feed it from a battery but from my Bench Power Supply to limit the current in case of short circuits.

I saw written in the fuse close to the on/off swith a fuse like a resistor market F5, but could only find 4 fuses. Is there another one hidden ?

I tried to see or follow the PWM driving the Mosfets but all that board if hidden with an orange paint.

What else to check before considering this repair a fail ?

Thank you.
        Well a DC power supply should work but in case that is the issue I would at least see if a 12V battery will allow the inverter to come on.

Otherwise the issue could be some component inside the inverter that is not allowing it to function. I am unfamiliar with that particular inverter but even brand new devices sometimes fail out of the box.

Comment

Working...