Off Grid System - 1st timer - Advice / checking for correct setup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PySoMaNiC
    • Mar 2022

Hey fair enough, I guess it could be my loss but ill stick with the Costco batteries for this initial setup. I appreciate the info though and I meant no offense its just half the links on their website do not work and all the hundreds of videos and blogs I have read have never once mentioned them so it leaves me to wonder, price points are great and all but at the end of the day if I am left without any help or warranty once they go belly up its not worth the hassle imo.

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by PySoMaNiC
      Hey fair enough, I guess it could be my loss but ill stick with the Costco batteries for this initial setup. I appreciate the info though and I meant no offense its just half the links on their website do not work and all the hundreds of videos and blogs I have read have never once mentioned them so it leaves me to wonder, price points are great and all but at the end of the day if I am left without any help or warranty once they go belly up its not worth the hassle imo.
      It would seem that, as usual, opinions vary and yours is based on perception - and shown here, right or wrong, customer perception is everything to the vendor. Pay your money - take your choice.

Comment

• sidpost
        • Mar 2022

In terms of dead links, they move a lot of batteries and things available in any given container are different from day to day, meaning stuff comes and goes out of stock.

If you take the time to talk to them or email someone like Jenny, they will tell you upfront what is currently in stock and what the price is. They also know what is on the water or in port. In my case, I waited a week or so for the CATL batteries I preferred though EVE were in stock.

Small companies focused on delivering products are not the best at websites generally. At least that is my experience. That could be because they are bad business men/women or that they are simply focused on delivering their products and customer service, not hovering over a website update process.

Comment

• J.P.M.
          Solar Fanatic
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by sidpost
          Small companies focused on delivering products are not the best at websites generally. At least that is my experience. That could be because they are bad business men/women or that they are simply focused on delivering their products and customer service, not hovering over a website update process.
          To the degree that's a reasonably accurate observation, I'd think small companies who don't develop ways to stay with the pack in terms of how they communicate their wares and services to the public can expect to pay the price of not having the confidence and so some of the business from the growing number of folks who are more in tune with the way things work today.

Comment

• sidpost
            • Mar 2022

Originally posted by J.P.M.

To the degree that's a reasonably accurate observation, I'd think small companies who don't develop ways to stay with the pack in terms of how they communicate their wares and services to the public can expect to pay the price of not having the confidence and so some of the business from the growing number of folks who are more in tune with the way things work today.
            I deal with custom knifemakers who are really skilled at their craft and if I relied on their websites or social media to make a purchase, I would miss out on some real gems. The skills needed to be a craftsman and those needed to be a web developer or social media personality are often not a part of what makes the craftsman so good at what they do in my experience.

Those that don't have a child or friend beside them to handle the Internet are often overlooked and missed by most people in my experience.

In my purchase from the Houston store, I did all my purchase decisions and discussions with Jenny and was rewarded with a great transaction on my 302Ah CATL batteries. Today, I would consider a direct wire transfer to avoid the credit card fees and Alibaba commission but, in my case, it was pretty much a wash due to high wire transfer fees on my end. Whether anyone else wants to buy batteries from Amy or Jenny is up to them. Personally, I would go with Jenny again but, Amy has an awesome reputation as well but, pick up for me in Houston is an easy win if they are in stock.

Comment

• williams.watson
              • Apr 2022

I can't agree any more ,thanks ,Bcos I met with the same problem

Comment

Working...