Grounding question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisski View Post

I’m new to this also, but these are some of the things I noticed when designing my system, and I’ve purchased the panels, wiring, battery monitor, and some other hardware, and will purchase the batteries And charger in the next few weeks, then get the inverter. I’m going with lead acid batteries and will limit myself to a 1000 watt inverterPer 400 AH of battery bank and 12 VDC. That isn’t written anywhere, but is a rather conservative number based off the stickies and other websites.......
    chrisski gets it. No fireworks on your camping trip.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

My first inverter 1200w came with very thin wires. Being newbie I thought that wires are the appropriate ones.
      Then I met voltage drop and we became very good friends until I rewired almost my whole system with thicker that I need wires.

Comment

Originally posted by Takis View Post
        My first inverter 1200w came with very thin wires. Being newbie I thought that wires are the appropriate ones.
        Then I met voltage drop and we became very good friends until I rewired almost my whole system with thicker that I need wires.
        By my calculations a 1200watt inverter can draw up to 100amps from a 12V battery or deliver 10amps to a 120V load.

Which side of the inverter wiring are you talking about and is it an off grid type or one of those fake "grid tie" units?

Comment

Off grid. 24v system.
          I'm talking about the side, batteries - inverter.
          The wires were about 2 mm2

Comment

Working...
          X