No announcement yet.

Starting to piece together my off grid solar system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you expand you can keep a small 12 volt mini system running to power your minimal 12 volt loads. I keep one at my place for the water pump and vhf radio. Works great with the minimal loads placed on it.
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

To the above good advice, I would suggest one more thing. A 120VAC inverter for the fridge
      must be 5-10 times the fridge running power, to deliver the motor starting surge. Having this
      large inverter constantly on will add a lot of idle current battery loading, which continues even
      when the fridge is not running. A quality DC powered fridge running directly from the battery
      will eliminate that idle power and inverter conversion loss. Then the other small loads may
      be directly battery powered, even a cheap and quite efficient 48 to 12V converter can use
      practically no standby power as needed. Perhaps a small inverter could be turned on as
      needed to power your fan, an RV model is probably available. good luck, Bruce Roe

Comment

Thx for all the advice. I’m going to double my array and run it 24vdc.

quick question. I have an opportunity to get an outback Mx60 for $400 CDN. Should I take it and run or would you recommend a different charge controller?

Comment

The MX60 is pretty old. I'd say the seller is asking too much. This is a used CC isn't it?
          2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Working...
          X