Suggestions on where to sell off grid power center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on where to sell off grid power center

Looking to sell some solar equiptment, mostly new.Don't want to go against any sites rules, so where is the best site, forum, or supplier to post in or contact to sell these items? Thanks for any suggestions...rsbhunter
    "If you stand for nothing, You'll fall for anything"

Originally posted by rsbhunter View Post
    Looking to sell some solar equiptment, mostly new.Don't want to go against any sites rules, so where is the best site, forum, or supplier to post in or contact to sell these items? Thanks for any suggestions...rsbhunter
    I have done some serious business on Evil Bay. Bruce Roe

Comment

bcroe, thanks , actually hadn't thought of bay land....Will try that...Russell

Comment

I sold an Outback Radian on Ebay. I offered to deliver it up to 50 miles because it weighed almost 80 lbs. Turns out the buyer was in Mexico but I just had to deliver it to his freight forwarder who packaged it for shipping.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

I am going to list it on flea bay, I have sold other stuff there and had good luck, thanks for the suggestion...rsbhunter

Comment

Only thing that freaks me out about eBay these days is the number of people who think I'm deep-pocket Amazon and I can afford to have them try out something they buy and then send it back a few days later with a complaint like "object not as described". eBay doesn't even contact me before they approve the return and gives the buyer a return shipping label to send it back at no charge before I even learn there is a problem.

My wife was selling high-end purses on eBay but too many people bought them for weddings or other such events and then sent them back a week later for a full refund. One purse even smelled heavily of smoke and had the sale tag string obviously removed and clumsily re-installed to make it look like they had not tampered with it. We protested it to eBay but the buyer claimed it arrived smelling of smoke and that the tag was not tampered with. We lost over $34 of shipping on that sale and got a purse back that now has to be sold at half price as used. Needless to say, she stopped selling them on eBay after it happened a second time. As a seller, you can check the "No Returns Accepted" box when you list an item but eBay over-rides that if the seller simply says the item was not described properly in the ad. What a joke.
            Dave W. Gilbert AZ
            6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Originally posted by azdave View Post
              Only thing that freaks me out about eBay these days is the number of people who think I'm deep-pocket Amazon and I can afford to have them try out something they buy and then send it back a few days later with a complaint like "object not as described". eBay doesn't even contact me before they approve the return and gives the buyer a return shipping label to send it back at no charge before I even learn there is a problem.

My wife was selling high-end purses on eBay but too many people bought them for weddings or other such events and then sent them back a week later for a full refund. One purse even smelled heavily of smoke and had the sale tag string obviously removed and clumsily re-installed to make it look like they had not tampered with it. We protested it to eBay but the buyer claimed it arrived smelling of smoke and that the tag was not tampered with. We lost over $34 of shipping on that sale and got a purse back that now has to be sold at half price as used. Needless to say, she stopped selling them on eBay after it happened a second time. As a seller, you can check the "No Returns Accepted" box when you list an item but eBay over-rides that if the seller simply says the item was not described properly in the ad. What a joke.
              I heard an item on NPR yesterday that dealt with renting stuff that was once generally considered an item to be purchased (like clothing or appliances) and how that's apparently becoming something of a trend.

Not mentioned in the piece, but maybe/partly renting stuff might have a seller's benefit as a not so much talked about way to sidestep some of the seller problems you describe. Pay a couple hundred bucks for a purse and rent it out a few times for $100.

Sounds crazy, but look what folks do with solar leases and get cluelessly screwed.

Comment

I have much better luck with Craigslist. Cash only, face to face transactions. There's
                no fees,
                Ebay and Paypal get 13% of your sale price AND shipping. Apparently sellers were selling for pennies and charging super high shipping to make up the loss on sale price. Ebay decided to fix them by charging fees on shipping too.
                2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Lots of scammers and hacked accounts too. I only use Fleabay when I absolutely cannot find what I need anywhere else (I.E. obsolete/antique outboard parts).

Comment

Originally posted by BoloMKXXVIII View Post
                    Lots of scammers and hacked accounts too. I only use Fleabay when I absolutely cannot find what I need anywhere else (I.E. obsolete/antique outboard parts).
                    If you're interested, unless someone's discovered it, I once owned a 1950's 25 hp. Evinrude. It's now at the bottom of one of the finger lakes in central NY. Been there since 1967 and probably still attached to the remains of the boat.

Comment

I posted an ad for a used Chronograph for sale. "Almost new, and shot (bullet hole) only once.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelK! View Post
                        I posted an ad for a used Chronograph for sale. "Almost new, and shot (bullet hole) only once.
                        Killing time I assume ?

Comment

Friday mornings are pretty slow around Solar Panel Talk.
                          2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Working...
                          X