No announcement yet.

How to get the most out of my system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the info, here is a link to the exact one I have bought.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I also got the wireless adapter, and remote temperature sensor too.

It says the colour is 4210AN and the part number as T4210-UK. It comes tomoz so it will be a play day

Cheers

Ump..

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnodave View Post
      Littleharbor,

very familiar, there is great fishing and clamming in Alaska. I live on the left coast for that very reason, the clamming in puget sound is awesome as well as southern coastal Alaska where I'm from. (Matanauska Valley) not on the coast, but near enough that born homesteaders fished there very often.
      David
      Funny, Down in the warm Sea of Cortez There's a thriving Geoduck diving operation. People must've been pretty frikin' hungry to think of eating those funky things
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
        People must've been pretty frikin' hungry to think of eating those funky things
        +1. Besides, you never know where they've been. I'd practice safe eating and boot'em up before chowing down.

Comment

Littleharbor,

i cant remember where I saw those, we had so many varieties in Alaska , I did live in Port Townsend Washington for a while, the fishing is good there but clamming is liscensed to a few only???

J P M ,

cold water fish is the best, I don't like warm water fish, too mushy.

and no I could not see Russia from home, we have a house in Wasilla where Sara Palin is from, Family homestead near Willow, and near Palmer in the best bottom lands of the Matanauska river with a great view of Denali Mount . She could not see Russia either, she is an embarrassment to us Alaskans. I have seen Russia from a small plane near the coast but that part of Russia is inhabited by inuits (Eskimos to you lower 48ers). , bears, and wolves. No towns. Not much to see.
          Try Artic cod from the very northern coast of Alaska. it's awesome , best ocean fishing here is Monterey canyon, just off the coast from me and a bit north at Half Moon Bay where there is an upwelling of very cold water, only 40 miles away and 15 degrees colder. I don't want to try Fish from warm Mexican coastal waters but I did fishing trips to near Puerta Vierta, Mexico in the sea of Cortez
          david

Last edited by Tecnodave; 05-27-2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

The Toatava is the largest fish in the Croaker family. Only lives in the Northern Sea of Cortez Spawns in the Colorado river delta. Now a dry desolate wasteland since the damming of the Colorado river.. Protected since the 70's but still poached for it's swim bladder which can sell for up to 10's of thousands of dollars to the Chinese. White Sea Bass is one of my favorite types of fish. Can you imagine a 300 pound White Sea Bass That's a Toatava. BTW The meat is nice and firm even though the Sea of Cortez gets very warm in the summer.
            BIG Totoaba.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnodave View Post
              Littleharbor,

i cant remember where I saw those, we had so many varieties in Alaska , I did live in Port Townsend Washington for a while, the fishing is good there but clamming is liscensed to a few only???

J P M ,

cold water fish is the best, I don't like warm water fish, too mushy.

and no I could not see Russia from home, we have a house in Wasilla where Sara Palin is from, Family homestead near Willow, and near Palmer in the best bottom lands of the Matanauska river with a great view of Denali Mount . She could not see Russia either, she is an embarrassment to us Alaskans. I have seen Russia from a small plane near the coast but that part of Russia is inhabited by inuits (Eskimos to you lower 48ers). , bears, and wolves. No towns. Not much to see.
              Try Artic cod from the very northern coast of Alaska. it's awesome , best ocean fishing here is Monterey canyon, just off the coast from me and a bit north at Half Moon Bay where there is an upwelling of very cold water, only 40 miles away and 15 degrees colder. I don't want to try Fish from warm Mexican coastal waters but I did fishing trips to near Puerta Vierta, Mexico in the sea of Cortez
              david
              On seeing Russia: Just bustin' your chops. FWIW, I share your opinion about fish preference and water temp.

FYI, my understanding is that the comic san serif text style is for humor/tongue-in-cheek stuff.

Regards,

Comment

Littleharbor,

never heard of of that species. My favorite, Monkeyface Stickleback, aka Monkeyface Eel, they look like an eel but they are not eel, ever had eel sushi, that is Monkeyface Stickleback. Very firm, white meat, like halibut but way tasty, very slimy skin, can't hang onto them, can't be fished with rod and reel, old school pokepole, they hide in crevices in coastal rocks, only fished at lower lowest tide, for a few days a month, sells for $10.00 a pound , but must be fresh, delivered live in water in bucket to sushi houses. A 30 inch long one is 8-9 pounds and 60 years old. Commands rediculious prices in Japan. Hundreds of bucks. From Alaska panhandle to Mexico....west coast only..way smart fish, only the best fishermen get the 30 inchers.....I've mastered the art of catching them.
                david

Comment

Never heard of those either. My sushi menu consists of Basic California rolls and Sashimi with wasabi and soy sauce. Had Poke once, liked it.

Comment

Working...
                  X