Generator recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morton.bia View Post
    I just need 120v and use Walmart's 5w20. I'll check the harbor freight inverter generator and switch oils. Maybe that will help
    Most small engines I have seen call for 30w or 10w-30.

If you can get the harbor freight on sale, it is usually about $650. It is whisper quite and has an hour / watts / amps meter. Also it is electric start and will run 12-15 hours on a tank depending on load. I also use the gas additive Ethanol Shield found in the mower section of walmart. And I use Ethanol free gas.
    285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

Originally posted by Matrix View Post

Most small engines I have seen call for 30w or 10w-30.

If you can get the harbor freight on sale, it is usually about $650. It is whisper quite and has an hour / watts / amps meter. Also it is electric start and will run 12-15 hours on a tank depending on load. I also use the gas additive Ethanol Shield found in the mower section of walmart. And I use Ethanol free gas.
      Hmm so you're talking about the 3500w one. I was thinking the small 2000w one since I'm usually around 600-720w. How much gas is 1 tank on yours?

Comment

Electric start is the way to go, esp when an engine may have been sitting for months
        and its very cold. Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by morton.bia View Post

Hmm so you're talking about the 3500w one. I was thinking the small 2000w one since I'm usually around 600-720w. How much gas is 1 tank on yours?
          2.6 gallons in the 3500. The specs say it will run for 11 hours on a tank. But the engine RPM varies with the load, so depending on the load you run it will get a little more or less. The 2000 W one is nice too if it suits your needs.

Here's consumer reports take on the 2000w HF unit vs the Honda.
          https://www.consumerreports.org/inve...ter-generator/
          285Wx9 / MNClassic 150 / CSW4024 / TrojanL16H-ACx4

Comment

Working...
          X