Wiring batteries 2volt to 24volt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inetdog
    replied
    And for wiring of two or more parallel batteries or stacks of batteries, see http://www.smartgauge.co.uk/batt_con.
    You generally do want to charge through the same set of terminals that you discharge, just not the same position on both halves of a parallel set instead of diagonal wiring.
    Last edited by inetdog; 04-10-2019, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike90250
    replied
    Originally posted by ButchDeal
    If you connected 12 - 2V batteries into a 12V bank then you have 6 in series paralleled to 6 more in series.
    With that parallel set you should have two TWO sets of terminals that are reading 12V

2000Ah is a heck of a lot for a 24V system. If you can return or cancel that 24V inverter I would recommend doing so and getting a 48V inverter instead.

you will need 4 parallel strings with your batteries to get 24V but only 2 parallel strings to get 48V
    Both systems will have the same power storage but the 48V one will be more efficient, use smaller wires and be safer overall.
    Ditto what Butch said

Leave a comment:

• ButchDeal
    replied
    If you connected 12 - 2V batteries into a 12V bank then you have 6 in series paralleled to 6 more in series.
    With that parallel set you should have two TWO sets of terminals that are reading 12V

2000Ah is a heck of a lot for a 24V system. If you can return or cancel that 24V inverter I would recommend doing so and getting a 48V inverter instead.

you will need 4 parallel strings with your batteries to get 24V but only 2 parallel strings to get 48V
    Both systems will have the same power storage but the 48V one will be more efficient, use smaller wires and be safer overall.

Leave a comment:

• Sapphireminer
    started a topic Wiring batteries 2volt to 24volt

Wiring batteries 2volt to 24volt

Hi everyone have just joined the forum so may be asking a question that already has been answered. I have just purchased 48 2volt 500amp batteries and would like to wire them into a 24volt 2000amp system . I have connected up 12 into a 12volt bank using a old 12v inverter while I am waiting for the new 24v one. What I am not sure about is that I only have 12v output from using one terminal of the first battery and the other off the opposite terminal on the last battery but I have been told I shouldn't be putting power in to the batteries and drawing it out from the same terminals but these 2 terminals are the only ones which are 12volt . If this is wrong would someone be able to help with a wiring diagram for 12 2volt system staying at 12volts with a power in and a power out connection points and also a wiring diagram for 48 2volt into a 24volt system with a power in and power out . Thank you for any help Regards Dave
Working...