My EPever controller has no load connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My EPever controller has no load connections

I thought I was doing careful research while specifiying my off-grid solar/security camera system but still seem to have been missed something. My system will initially be 12V load only (no inverter) and I intend to monitor it remotely over the internet. This includes monitoring the total 12V load, 5A max initially, and I will probably add an inverter later, connected to the batteries.

I purchased an EPever 5415AN MPPT controller and because I will have 600W panels, I decided to get the 50A version. This is where I missed the fact that the versions above 40A are what they call a "Power Station Controllers" and don't have load connections on the controller. The LED panel still shows load conditions, just like their smaller controllers, as does the MT50 remote panel and the controller has the usual RS485 which will allow me to set up the internet monitoring but it looks like I will have to connect all the load to the batteries. I should be able to monitor everything else that the controller sees but how the heck am I going to monitor the 12V load remotely and why would they remove the load connections? EPever haven' responded to my email yet.

There is probably some kind of separate DC IP/Internet watt meter available but now it is getting complicated.

Any suggestions/comments?
    Thanks
    Tony

Pretty much all of the name brand controllers don't have load out terminals. These connections are intended to run low current lighting via the timer settings in the controller. They do have "on" 24 hours a day option but the majority of the timer settings are triggered by darkness, sensed by the lack of solar panel power. The load output is also cut off in the event of low state of charge to protect the batteries. Seems like a feature that all controllers could use. The problems begin when people think that they are supposed to connect ALL their loads to these connections, including the inverter. Not everybody reads and understands instructions. You can use these load terminals to trigger a relay running larger loads.

But to answer your question, If you need load out terminals on your controller look at the smaller controllers and know their limitations.
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

I see this model has a load control relay incorporated into it. Is this your model?

https://www.amazon.com/EPEVER-Contro...r=8-5-fkmrnull
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post
        I see this model has a load control relay incorporated into it. Is this your model?

https://www.amazon.com/EPEVER-Contro...r=8-5-fkmrnull
        Yes, that's the one.
        I would still have bought it because I wanted a 150V/50A controller. I am just mad with myself for not noticing it didn't have load connections.

Tony

Comment

Working...
        X