EpEver Solar Station Monitor Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EpEver Solar Station Monitor Software

I have just purchased a Tracer5415AN MPPT controller and there is lots of information available on how to install and use the Epever Solar Station Monitor Software. However they seem to have changed their website and I cannot find the software listed for download. They have not responded to my email.
    Does anyone know where I can get it?
    Thanks
    Tony

Hi Tony,
    Did you manage to find a solution? It looks to me line the software download is https://www.epsolarpv.com/downsoft.html

I probably have an installer exe on my laptop if you still can't find it. Sorry it took someone so long to respond. I've got 2 of the Tracer an units running right now so if you've got any more questions, let me know.

I'm also curious to get your feedback on them. I have mixed feelings about them. Cheap as... But the generation numbers seem off on one of them, and the other one I had issues with the software communicating after I changed a baud rate setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Xplode View Post
      Hi Tony,
      Did you manage to find a solution? It looks to me line the software download is https://www.epsolarpv.com/downsoft.html

I probably have an installer exe on my laptop if you still can't find it. Sorry it took someone so long to respond. I've got 2 of the Tracer an units running right now so if you've got any more questions, let me know.

I'm also curious to get your feedback on them. I have mixed feelings about them. Cheap as... But the generation numbers seem off on one of them, and the other one I had issues with the software communicating after I changed a baud rate setting.
      Yes, I found the software eventually. It is now called "Controller PC Tools, V1.93" on the EPever website.

I wanted a 50A controller so I bought a TracerAN50A model. I didn't realize that it is quite different from the smaller models called TracerAN(10-40A) and they call it a "Power Station Controller" The 50A and bigger models are designed to operate in conjunction with a generator or grid switch and contain built in relays. I don't need this but at the same time they have no load connections on the actual controller. I assume I have to connect all loads external to the controller i.e. before or at the batteries, which is OK except that I don't see how the controller can monitor the load and output the data to the software. I have emailed EPever for an explanation. I am annoyed with myself for not noticing this because I assume that I cannot monitor the 12V load using the MT50, the software or the phone app.

I am gathering the parts I need to build a solar powered security camera system at our summer trailer in Ontario and am doing some bench testing at the moment. The system needs to run through winter without any frequent visits so I am planning to have remote monitoring via the internet using a cell phone data "rocket hub" .There are issues with this using an EPever controller but I think I have got them sorted. There is a very good Youtube channel from Adam Welch in England that shows how to solve some of the problems doing this with an EPever.
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm5...st2T_XKg/video

Tony

Comment

I'm running a few and I'll warn you right now that the load monitor may not be that accurate anyway. I have a small modbus data logger running on my units and one tracer seems pretty accurate, shows about 3kwh usage over the past 5 months, but the other one shows triple that, and it's got less electronics connected. Sooooo they're budget units, but if you're looking for a high degree of accuracy, you might need to look elsewhere.

That said, you could pickup a cheap tracer unit to use for just the load control/monitor. Just don't wire the panels to it.

If you're handy with electronics you could make up a pretty simple watt meter that will respond to epever's software. Just give it a different modbus ID than your main controller.

Comment

Hello Tony
          I also have purchase the Tracer 5415AN, i think it will be a good unit, however the software is rubbish. I havent been able to connect my Controller to a laptop via the USB-RS485 cable. I wondering if you had any luck. Lot of information for the smaller controllers but nothing for the larger ones. Looking for any tips and tricks.
          I have followed the software instruction manual to the letter.
          Epever remote in and said it was the cable, i changed the cable and no difference.
          Thanks Andy
          Last edited by andymc70; 04-01-2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Are you using the official usb Cable from epever? I had to go into my windows sittings/device manager and click "rs485" on the properties window for the com port

Comment

Yes to both and have bought 2 cables and still not working.

Comment

Well if you've tried everything and they tried via remote, it's probably defective. I had a tracer unit stop responding immediately after I changed the baud rate setting. I've got custom made data logging, so I need it at 9600, not the 115200k I think it defaults to.

Funny thing is, I can load the firmware via the rs485 port. Just can't connect via the monitoring software. They exchanged it for me.

Comment

Wondering did the new one work. Did you have to send it back ? The biggest issue is that i cant change anything on it until i get the software working. I dont want to have to purchase the wifi module as well, only to use a phone app. I also have an Epever inverter and it can not connect either. Its there crappy software, i am positive of it.

Comment

Well I couldn't connect via generic modbus software, or my custom made data logger, so for me it was something glitching in their firmware.

The new one worked again. I have three units and they all work. 2 of them are installed and communicating properly.

Seems like epever is a newer outfit and they're working through the growing pains. Their products are cheaper than everyone else, so I can't be too upset about a few glitches.

Comment

Which ones are you using, as the 5415AN are not cheap, would class them mid range. One of the reasons i went for them. Its defiantly a software issue both my inverter and controller not communicating is suggesting software, unless i am the unluckiest person and get 2 dud units from 2 different retailers.
                      Now what to do?

Comment

I'm using the lower class units. 3210AN and 4210AN models.

If both units aren't communicating, it does seem suspicious. You could try a third party cable or generic modbus software to see if you can get a response.

Ask the vendor if you can try uploading the firmware again. Maybe something will reset in the settings and it'll start communicating?

Comment

Hello All
                          I finally solved the problem, Epever got back to me and informed me that they where having issues with the cables being wired incorrectly, They showed me the correct wiring diagram, needed to swap the black and yellow wires around. Both components are now working.
                          Thanks for all the help.
                          Andy

Comment

Good to hear.

If all else fails, I've had good luck communicating with a cheap rs485 adapter. Any, working, usb to rs485 should work.

Comment

Working...
                            X