Off grid system advise wanted rework?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wrassie86 View Post

Thanks for making me re check those, My tray cables are actually 4/0 largest the controller will except. 2/0 for batteries and inverter.
    What charge controller are you referring to? Not a Renogy 60 amp model. I cannot imagine any situation where you would need 2/0 wire coming into or out of a controller Here's a page from the renogy manual. It clearly states the max wire at the terminals is 4 awg.

Mechanical Parameters

Model Commander 60A MPPT Overall Dimension 449mm x 208mm x 107mm | 17.7in x 8.2in x 4.2in Mounting 430mm x 180mm | 16.9in x 7.1in Max Terminal 4 AWG Net Weight 5.5 kg | 12.1 lbs. Mounting Holes
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by wrassie86 View Post
      @ SunKing you are a wealth of info and while i digest all this info, of course you have lead me to more questions lol. One thing i'm well a where of is that the solar and battery storage is costing me more than grid and not very efficient ..... But the power, is mine , I'm making it and nobody can cut it off. Sometimes its about principle, even if it hurts the wallet a little more.
      I found out that while that helps my ego for awhile, it eventually leads to an injured foot from lead poisoning. Just know the true costs and then pay your money, take your choice and live with the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by littleharbor View Post

What charge controller are you referring to? Not a Renogy 60 amp model. I cannot imagine any situation where you would need 2/0 wire coming into or out of a controller Here's a page from the renogy manual. It clearly states the max wire at the terminals is 4 awg.

Mechanical Parameters

Model Commander 60A MPPT Overall Dimension 449mm x 208mm x 107mm | 17.7in x 8.2in x 4.2in Mounting 430mm x 180mm | 16.9in x 7.1in Max Terminal 4 AWG Net Weight 5.5 kg | 12.1 lbs. Mounting Holes
        Cables from charge controller are 4 awg, i thought they were larger.

Comment

Working...
        X