Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MD2020
    • Dec 2018

48 Volt Off Grid Solar Panel System For Travel Trailers

Working on installing a off grid solar panel system on a travel trailer. I would like to have about 4000 watts available at the circuit panel to be able to run the toaster and microwave at the same time. At other times it will be the refrigerator, tv, and hair dryer. Also estimating about 7kWh/day max usage.

I'm looking to install (4 qty) LG solar panels.
    LG NeORN-LG
    360Q1C-A5 Mono
    (360 watts, 36.5 volts, 9.87 amps) per panel x 4 panels. About 1440 watts total.

The plan is to connect 2 panels in series and each set in parallel. Each set will run 73 volts and 4.94 amps.

The battery will be a 48 volt 200 amp LiFePo4 lithium battery. Nominal voltage 51.2 and charge voltage 58.4. May add another battery in parallel later.

1. Any advise the the proper Victron inverter and MPPT solar charge controller sizing for this setup would be greatly appreciated.

2. Is there any benefit to using two 24 volt 200 amp batteries in series vice one 48 volt 200 amp battery?

Thx,
    MD2020
    Last edited by MD2020; 12-16-2018, 09:05 PM.
  • littleharbor
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2016

Hope you have a lot of real estate up on the roof. This is going to require a large array. Larger still if your panels are going to be lying flat on the roof.
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

• littleharbor
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2016

Well, I've gotten two notices that I've been quoted on this post and other postings have taken place but when I click on the thread there's nothing more beyond my only comment.
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

• MD2020
        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by littleharbor
        Well, I've gotten two notices that I've been quoted on this post and other postings have taken place but when I click on the thread there's nothing more beyond my only comment.
        Apologies for confusion. I was having problems with my comments getting truncated and not posting correctly. I think it was resolved with typing in the comments rather than copy and pasting. This likely caused the false notifications. Thx.

MD2020

Comment

Working...