No announcement yet.

solar system for shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya someone on here said the car uses a ground just to have all the ground together which makes me happy since I don't have to ground this system anymore.

Thans a lot for the battery manufacture and I will buy one of them once my free battery has sh*t the bed.
    12v 150watt, 80ah battery, 75 watt inverter.

Comment

Honestly the c rating of a battery messed me up and out of all the pages I read and videos I watched nobody said anything about the c rating of a battery. I would of never thought you can't slow charge a massive battery. My intention were to buy a tiny panel with a massive battery but I guess that just doesn't work good.

i always wondered why this one video had 400watt solar shed. I always found that really weird but now it all makes sense

again thansk everyone for the responses and their time to answer all my "easy" questions

Comment

Sunking,

he was wavering on some big panels, I recommended the GC-2, when he posted that he wanted to stay with the 50 watt panel, I changed my recommendation, told him that 50 watt panel would be too small, he has a lot to learn , I agree, he needs to keep it small for now, get a chance to learn

Comment

FYI, Harbor Freight has 12 volt 35Ah. batteries
          2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Freesun

there is a lot of bulloney on utube people upload bulloney to get followers and cash in, here you will get far better answers, read a lot...learn as you go...bulloney babblers will get banned. Like I have said....Keep it simple, don't overdo it as a beginner, it takes time Sunking has given you good advise

Comment

That 35ah battery is the same price of the 20ah by powersonic. Everybody agrees that I should buy the 20ah one?

What will the the difference be? One will last longer?

Comment

It won't last longer if you cannot charge it and it sulfates

Comment

It'll be fully charged 98% of the time and give me a little overhead once I do use it's. It wouldn't be used daily

Comment

Originally posted by Freeesun View Post
                    It'll be fully charged 98% of the time and give me a little overhead once I do use it's. It wouldn't be used daily
                    A 35 AH needs about C/10 or 3.5A for proper charging, your panel will give you about 2A, so a 20 AH battery is more suited for that panel.

Comment

So I'm buying a new solar panel....... I did some math and this one just doesn't make sense. A 20ah battery using 25% of it would get me 5ah of "fun time"
                      6leds at 9 watts per house is 4.5ah used at 12v. So pretty much I could run 6 light for 1 hour on a full charge with a 20ah battery. If it's deep cycle a little more

now I'm going to purchase the Canadian solar 295watt all black panel but it's a 24v.

Is it the same same rules for 24v for batteries. The c/10 rule?

The spec sheet says it'll put out 9.75 (imp) (stc) and 7.32 (imp) (nmot) not sure what they mean but I'm guessing one is perfect conditions and the other is realistic

if let's say it does 7 should I get a battery that is 70ah? It still seems kinda small for such a big upgrade.

I wish this panel came in 12v

Comment

I didn't think of this but all my lights and appliances usage goes way down because I'm not dividing everything by 12v now I'm dividing everything by 24v which makes the number double as low. So technically a 70ah battery at 24v is a 140ah battery at 12v????!!!!!????

Comment

No info on all this? I'm planning on buying this panel in a couple hours.

Comment

You're going to get more like 15 amps @ 12 volt nominal system using a MPPT controller. If you are indeed willing to go with a 24 volt system you can still use an inexpensive PWM controller.
                            The charging rate can vary from as low as 5% for low use setups. up to (and over for sealed AGM batteries).13%

Comment

Not sure what you mean with the percentages. The cc that I got does 12 and 24v so that's good and now I'm just going to start looking into battery's. I want to check out the golf cart ones and see how much they are.

a 12v 50ah battery is pretty mich a 24v 100ah right?

Comment

No, A 12 volt 50Ah. battery is just that. And what you're thinking is backwards.

1, 12 volt 50 Ah. battery = 50 Ah. @ 12 volts.

2, 12 volt 50 Ah. batteries in series would give you 50Ah. @ 24 volts.

You would need 4, 12 volt 50 Ah. batteries in series/parallel configuration to have 100 Ah. @ 24 volts.

Comment

Working...
                                X