Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNPmacnab
    Solar Fanatic
    • Nov 2016

Look up the AC7391 on youtube as there is a recent computer translation video explaining it. These are on ebay for about $200. You mentioned building one. In 5 years I have only found 2 people capable of building one. I even sent two working units out to different people and they couldn't even get around to hooking them up. It is sad. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• SantaFeTrailer
      • Aug 2019

PNP,

It was suggested that I build one, but really I already have too many projects to attempt that.

Will this unit work with an electric baseboard heater? In the video it says that the panels are matched to the water heater. What is involved in matching the panels to the baseboard?

Thank you

Originally posted by PNPmacnab
      Look up the AC7391 on youtube as there is a recent computer translation video explaining it. These are on ebay for about $200. You mentioned building one. In 5 years I have only found 2 people capable of building one. I even sent two working units out to different people and they couldn't even get around to hooking them up. It is sad. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• PNPmacnab
        Solar Fanatic
        • Nov 2016

Wattage is volts times amps. For any element, RATED WATTAGE / RATED VOLTS = RATED CURRENT. RATED VOLTAGE / RATED CURRENT = OHMS.

Look at your panels listed maximum power point voltage. POWER POINT VOLTAGE FOR ARRAY / POWER POINT CURRENT = YOUR DESIRED OHMS

Try and match that as close as possible. It is a bunch of calculating because you can't go out and buy the exact heater you want. A 2,000W 120V heater operating at 60V is 500W. Half the voltage and you will get 1/4 the wattage.

Comment

Working...