X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleharbor
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2016

Help with a Trace DR 2424

I recently picked up a Trace DR 2424 inverter. When I removed the housing to access the interior of the inverter I noticed the tiny button that controls the power, on/off function had broken off at its base, which is an equally tiny pot or whatever you would call it. I'm really surprised to find a Trace product with such a miniscule component controlling a vital function. Sorry I didn't get pictures of it while I had it opened up. If you are looking at the face of the inverter it is the first tiny dot to the right of the square jack on the far left of the controls. I was hoping that someone out there has dealt with this problem and can point me in the right direction. heres a page from the manual which is clearer than my photo,
    http://powertool.manualsonline.com/m...2424.html?p=58 Trace DR 2424.jpg
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

Sometimes that button is simply a plunger wedged into place between a micro button switch and a hole in the case. If the micro button switch still "clicks" when presses carefully, you can use a wooden match stick to turn it off and on.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Saggys
      • Jul 2011

You could try to find a remote control that plugs into RJ 45 plug. The basic on/off is a RC 8 I believe. eBay is a source for obsolete Trace products.

Comment

• littleharbor
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Saggys
        You could try to find a remote control that plugs into RJ 45 plug. The basic on/off is a RC 8 I believe. eBay is a source for obsolete Trace products.
        Great idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike90250,
        I just got off the phone with a very helpful service center and was told that this switch is the common failure point on these inverters. They informed me that these particular switches aren't made any more but the have removed them from units in their Trace boneyard. They don't have one at this time though.

Funny I thought about using a toothpick to activate it and he said that shaft has an electrical contact on it that electronically activates the switch and that a non conductive item like a toothpick wouldn't work.
        2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Working...