Slowing Down the Summer Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AzRoute66 View Post
    I'm sure I'll be using the tool a lot. Every time I found a 'cool thing' I got sidetracked for a while. But I doubt it will replace PVWatts spreadsheet output for quick and dirty, at least for me.

It was probably worth installing just for the easy access to a substantial panel specification database. Gotta love government resources.

Thanks again.
    I'm glad you are getting something from it! Yeah, there is a learning curve to it, and I do plenty of quick and dirty work in PVWatts too, but am glad to have more horsepower for the more challenging questions / problems. I referred to it in another thread, but I took my own exploration in the direction of making sure I could independently recreate every number that SAM produces in its performance models. NREL's technical manual for the program has a few gaps I could only resolve by going back to the original sources of the models on which it is based, but having done that, I've got a lot of confidence in its output, when used in an appropriate way.

I'll be looking forward to more of the posts about your system, and the thinking you are putting into it.
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Here's mine.. i use a "tinytracker" trackibg system. It folows the sun until the sun goes down, and then return to start position. Feels that it helps in the winter time.
      Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful location. Bummer you have to look at those high power lines and towers. Pretty cool siding on the shed.
        2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by Glamsland View Post
          Here's mine.. i use a "tinytracker" trackibg system. It folows the sun until the sun goes down, and then return to start position. Feels that it helps in the winter time.
          Very neat! How long has it been serving you? Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
          X