X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Murby
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2017

Split Phase 240 volt inverters?

There are a lot of good options for high power single phase inverters but what about split phase inverters?

I'm looking for options for providing 240volts split phase from battery backup. I know of a few.. SMA makes their Sunny Island but you have to purchase two of them.. Ouch! Schneider makes a big split phase inverter for a more reasonable price.. and I think I saw that OutBack makes one too..

Any other options? Heck, I don't even need it coupled.. just a battery connected inverter would do.

The high power single phase inverters are great but they won't run an Air Compressor or my Well Water Pump, or my Welder, or a lot of the other 240 volt things around here..

Anyone ever heard of Sigineer ?? Seems to be very reasonably priced but made in China so not sure what to expect. any other options?
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

What battery voltage. The answer should be 48 volts or higher.

In the size you want stick with these names. They will be 4 digit$

Schneider
    OutBack
    Magnum
    Apollo
    Exeltec (Best made what telecom and military use.)
    INEX

It is a shame Samlex does not make large Inverters because they make good stuff. The key here is what you are looking for is not a Mobile Inverter, You are looking for a premises grade Inverter which means hard wired in. If it has a plug receptacle, you do not want it.

Anything else is pretty much Chi-Com junk like Aims.
    Last edited by Sunking; 07-17-2017, 10:54 PM.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

• Murby
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2017

Looks like the schneider is going to be the winner then.. Biggest output for the price...

Comment

Working...