need a quick update on whats available

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georgerc
    • Apr 2017

So I am abandoning the idea of running DC tools straight off the battery bank, at least for a minute simply because the tools I have are kind of crappy to begin with so I'd rather look at some charge controllers and inverters rather than buying and mesing around with better DC tools,

So correct me if I am wrong, it has been mentioned there's no need for batteries where grid power is available, I thought these systems are worthless in a grid outage, that be the case I still want batteries.

Si i have 4 of those 235 w 20 v pannels, I can use only 3 if that 150 v magic number is an issue, or I could get a couple more and run two strings, either way, what controllers should I look at and what voltage should I settle for the battery bank and what inverters should i look at, considering I may get more pannels or windmills at some point, considering I may grid tie with battery backup, or not, considering I am targeting say about 2 kW solar and say 2 kW wind, likely a little less for both
    Last edited by georgerc; 04-25-2017, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Working...