X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LETitROLL
    Solar Fanatic
    • May 2014

Originally posted by Mike90250
    Actually, I'd rather be at ground zero, then eking it out for a year, and then my hair starts falling out..... There is going to be a lot of misery and anarchy from day 3 to year of recovery..
    For the most part i agree, EXCEPT if I were the only male to survive and all other survivors were female, then i might want to hang around a while and see what happens. (hair or no hair)

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by LETitROLL

For the most part i agree, EXCEPT if I were the only male to survive and all other survivors were female, then i might want to hang around a while and see what happens. (hair or no hair)
      And, you'd be easy to find at night because your hairless junk will glow in the dark from the residual radiation.

Comment

• wpmasterdesign
        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by jflorey2
        Been hearing that for 40 years. Not that it can't happen, but I'm a lot more likely to get killed riding my bike to work than by an apocalypse of some sort.
        Really believe that? With a president who is eager to thrust us into war not only with out enemies, but our strongest allies?

Comment

• wpmasterdesign
          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by j.p.m.

and, you'd be easy to find at night because your hairless junk will glow in the dark from the residual radiation.
          lmao!

Comment

• SunEagle
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by wpmasterdesign

Really believe that? With a president who is eager to thrust us into war not only with out enemies, but our strongest allies?
            If you check history there have been a few people in a major leadership role that have had the means to do that.

IMO we won't see the end from Nuclear but more than likely some type of bug that is either the result of stupidness of people not wanting to be inoculated and spreading the disease or some 3rd world country that steals and releases something nasty that the CDC has penned up deep in it's vault.

Or something natural like a big rock, solar CME or volcanic event (that would put a big hurt in the solar industry). But it doesn't really matter because I won't be around to pick up the pieces.

Comment

• Sunking
              Solar Fanatic
              • Feb 2010

The day will arrive! Are you prepared? Are you?
              Yes Sir. I go to heaven and leave you here in Hell.

MSEE, PE

Comment

• LETitROLL
                Solar Fanatic
                • May 2014

Originally posted by J.P.M.

And, you'd be easy to find at night because your hairless junk will glow in the dark from the residual radiation.
                Ouch, that really squashed my pleasant radiation scenario. Good one

Comment

• J.P.M.
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by LETitROLL

Ouch, that really squashed my pleasant radiation scenario. Good one
                  It could get better but this is a family forum. PG-13 is about as far as I push it most of the time.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by SunEagle

If you check history there have been a few people in a major leadership role that have had the means to do that.

IMO we won't see the end from Nuclear but more than likely some type of bug that is either the result of stupidness of people not wanting to be inoculated and spreading the disease or some 3rd world country that steals and releases something nasty that the CDC has penned up deep in it's vault.

Or something natural like a big rock, solar CME or volcanic event (that would put a big hurt in the solar industry). But it doesn't really matter because I won't be around to pick up the pieces.
                    I think the net will turn us all into palm zombies who'll either get run over walking into traffic or killed in other traffic accidents from driving while texting. At some point in all these festivities, the preppers and survivalists will figure out they're the only ones left, crawl out from under their rocks and out of their bunkers and take over, and we'll be back in the dark ages and double wides will be upscale housing.

Comment

• jflorey2
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by wpmasterdesign
                      Yes, I really believe that. No matter how dumb the president is, the military provides significant insulation from a 3am "nuke North Korea NOW! It will be great, the best" tweet.

Comment

• Sunking
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Feb 2010

Surprises me how much the public does not know. They use to teach useful stuff in school. The POTUS does not have the authority to order a nuke attack. The POTUS can authorise an attack, aka approve. It is called check and balances. In fact the POTUS has very little authority to do anything. His/her power is nominating SCOTUS, Xo's, Cabinet Appointees, and Department Directors. The real power is in Congress, they have the check book and make the laws.
                        Last edited by Sunking; 04-27-2017, 10:24 PM.
                        MSEE, PE

Comment

• bcroe
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Jan 2012

Someone seeing my solar PV asked if I'm a survivalist? I explained it was dead without the PoCo. However,
                          if he saw how much food the significant other has stashed, it would be harder to explain. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...