Bulk charging mode is everything your panels can give. Absorb mode is the set voltage point where your controller will hold that voltage and allow your batteries absorb amperage until it tapers off and goes into float. If the absorb voltage level is too low your batteries will never get fully charged.
I think Sun Eagle is onto something though.
Try our solar cost and savings calculator
Another small newb project.
Collapse
X
-
Not sure how to do that? I put my load tester on the batteries when I bought them and the tested in the green, how can I test the current being drawn from the batteries? Between the batteries and the inverter?Leave a comment:
-
Can you measure the current being drawn from the battery?
It does sound like something is causing the battery to quickly discharge with only a small load connected to it.Leave a comment:
-
I'm only running the box fan right now on medium and it's drawing only 75w and after 35min of running the bank is down to 12.38, just doesn't add up.Leave a comment:
-
It sounds like the batteries are ok but something is causing the TV to not run properly or it requires a lot more wattage then anticipated.Just bought the batteries and I made sure they were new and not refurbished, I let them charge for 2 days and they reached float status before I even started to use them. Not sure what you mean by absorb voltage, if it's what I think it's around 14.2 while there is sun on panels and no load being pulled. Once they float it settles around 13.3 or so.Leave a comment:
-
Just bought the batteries and I made sure they were new and not refurbished, I let them charge for 2 days and they reached float status before I even started to use them. Not sure what you mean by absorb voltage, if it's what I think it's around 14.2 while there is sun on panels and no load being pulled. Once they float it settles around 13.3 or so.Leave a comment:
-
Very strange. I would tend to suspect the batteries are shot bot you said they were new. Are they getting fully charged? What is your absorb voltage set at?Leave a comment:
-
Nope, panels into controller and 6g going from controller to bank and 4g from bank to inverter.Leave a comment:
-
You don't have the inverter connected to the LOAD terminals on the controller do you?Leave a comment:
-
The 1000w is Modified, and the 500 Pure Sine. Something has got to be wrong somewhere, I switched over to the 500 PS and plug my box fan into it which is drawing 75w and my bank voltage starts dropping from float around 13.35 down to 12.7 but seems to be holding there. So I'm only able to run a 75w fan from this whole set up?? Anymore than that and voltage drops to low.Leave a comment:
-
dGood point. He should try to run a different load other than that TV. It could be that the TV does not like the power coming out of the inverter or requires a lot more power that the posted wattage.Have you tried running similar loads on the inverter? Is it just the TV not working?
You said you were running on the smaller sine wave inverter before but you just mentioned the 1000 watt (mod sine wave?) inverter. could the TV not like the mod sine wave? I have never had a problem myself with mod sine wave on LCD TV and DirecTV receiver.Leave a comment:
-
Have you tried running similar loads on the inverter? Is it just the TV not working?
You said you were running on the smaller sine wave inverter before but you just mentioned the 1000 watt (mod sine wave?) inverter. could the TV not like the mod sine wave? I have never had a problem myself with mod sine wave on LCD TV and DirecTV receiver.Leave a comment:
-
That's kinda what I was thinking, just not enough juice from the panels. I have a 500w inverter but for some reason it seams to be less efficient that's the 1000w inverter, the 500 drains voltage faster than the 1000. But even if I'm not getting enough juice from the panels, shouldn't it at least run for awhile just off the bank before voltage drops to low and have to shut it down ..? I thought theses golf cart batteries were meant to take a decent load and not drop that fast, the bank was floating and I turned on the system and got about 10minutes before voltage dropped to low and had to shut it down.Leave a comment:
-
you may now be having a wattage shortfall. It could be that 400 watts is not enough to run that tv and charge your batteries.Ok, so finally back. Replaced old shot battery, got 2 new Trojan T-105 6v and wired them in series. Still running 4x100 watt panels with 1000w Xantrex inverter, and I still can't run a 250w tv with full sun on the panels? Any thoughts??? It's pissin me off and I can't figure it out! Thanks.
Also that 1000w inverter is pretty big and will drain that 12volt T-105 battery system pretty quickly.Leave a comment:
-
Ok, so finally back. Replaced old shot battery, got 2 new Trojan T-105 6v and wired them in series. Still running 4x100 watt panels with 1000w Xantrex inverter, and I still can't run a 250w tv with full sun on the panels? Any thoughts??? It's pissin me off and I can't figure it out! Thanks.Leave a comment:
Copyright © 2014 SolarReviews All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 6.1.3
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT-5. This page was generated at 05:21 AM.
Leave a comment: