So what is the problem? What you just described is perfectly normal.
Try our solar cost and savings calculator
Another small newb project.
Collapse
X
-
Cool thanx, yea battery is prolly shot. Will check back in when I make a new move with battery situation... blah..Leave a comment:
-
Batteries are dead. They either are not getting charged correctly or they are sulfated and can no longer hold a charge.Leave a comment:
-
Ok, I'm confused as all hell. It's dark out right now so no charging, put 250w load on the 500w pure sine. Voltage showed fully charged at 12.67, turned it on. Volts drop to 12.07 and held for 10min, then slowly dropped to 12.05v after another 5min that's when I shut it down....Leave a comment:
-
Green lights mean nothing. A simple load test will tel you if the battery is any good or not. Disconnect it from any charger. Measure the Open Circuit Voltage on the Battery Term Post. and it should read 12.6 volts if fully charged. Then connect a heavy load like your Inverter with a few hundred watts of load like lights or something. Watch the battery voltage on the Battery Term Post, it should not drop more than 1/2 volt. If it is bad the voltage will sag or crash, and the Inverter will trip off-line from under voltage.
If your battery tested OK, then you have a wiring/connection problem you need to fix. .Last edited by Sunking; 03-05-2017, 08:31 PM.Leave a comment:
-
A 250w tv, 4g wires from batt. to inverter, 8g from CC to battery, battery very well could be shot. I put multimeter to it and gives good numbers and I throw a load tester on it and it's still in the green. Don't know how it could be the problem of showing green across the board, but I'm pretty sure I'm good on the rest so it could only be that I guess, in its defend it is a second hand battery..Leave a comment:
-
Four possibilities come to mind
1, Your battery is shot.
2, Your inverter cables are not cables but small wires.
3 You have the inverter connected to the load terminals of the charge controller. You should connect only to the battery with appropriate sized cables.
4, You aren't trying to run large loads like microwave or some other heat creating appliance from the 500 watt inverter are you?Leave a comment:
-
Another small newb project.
Heyooo,
So I have 4x100w Windy Nation panels as of now, plan on purchasing more along the way. Not sure even what to do with more, but I'm forward thinking. Eventually when I have the property I want, hopefully I will have stock piled a good amount. But for now I'm limited to how many I can display, prolly no more than 10 (2'x3') panels. I currently am using a 30amp Wanderer PMW with the 4x100w in parrelel into 1x group 24 deep cycle. I have a 500w Pure Sine and a 1k Modified Sine, I DONT use the 1k on this setup because I know it's to BIG, so hold the comments on that part please. Where my problem is when I use the 500w pure sine, only when my battery is full and sun is mid day peak, my volts just crash. I was under the impression if I'm using 250w and I'm producing roughly the same amount from panels, due to the fact I have 4x100w but prolly only getting about 60-70% from them because of the PMW controller. The "power" I'm producing is equal to the amount I'm using, then why the volt crash?!
Copyright © 2014 SolarReviews All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 6.1.3
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT-5. This page was generated at 05:20 AM.
Leave a comment: