• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John222
    • Nov 2016

Newby question

Hi,
    New to the site.
    My brother has 1000 watts in panels 24 Volt, he has two grid tie inverters for 110v ac.
    He keeps blowing inverters what size inverter does he need?
    Please get back to me if you need anymore info.
    Thanks John
  • solar pete
    Administrator
    • May 2014

Hi John222 and welcome to Solar Panel Talk. I shifted the post and renamed it.

Much more info is needed, what type of panels and how are they wired. Sure they are grid tied?? Do you run batteries? if so what type? Where are you? Is this system complying with local rules and regulations? What type of loads do you run? How many kilowatt hours do you use? What is maximum draw?

Lots more info needed, it sounded from your questions like a small off grid setup not a grid tied set up.

Comment

• littleharbor
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jan 2016

Sounds like he has those Chineese, plug in to the wall type inverters. First and most important. They are NOT UL listed If they happen to cause a fire, which is quite possible, your (or your landlord's) insurance will not cover the losses.

Second, Your power company isn't going to allow this kind of "Grid Tie". If they catch you back feeding you will be hearing from them.

Of course if this isn't the type of inverter set up you have then disregard the warning.
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Working...