Need input about Solar Cynergy panels please?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tb144050
    • Nov 2016

Need input about Solar Cynergy panels please?

Hi. I am new to "solar" but I am not new to electronics in general. For my first post on the forum, I just want to ask: Has anyone ever used "Solar Cynergy" panels??....and if so, do they typically arrive in "new" condition or do they often arrive in mishandled condition? Any personal experience reviews for this brand?? I have ordered 2 panels on 2 occasions (for a total of 4 panels now). Both orders arrived with bent/damaged/warped corners (from "mishandling" at some point). I am just wondering if "Solar Cynergy" is some sort of refurbisher that sells damaged-but-working panels......or do I just have the worst luck ever??
    -----
    FYI: It was my decision to keep both orders if the eBay seller refunded 50% of each order. They are now re-caulked around the edges of the plexi, and it was my decision to propose this resolution. They work and should last long enough to me to gain some experience and find a better supplier or a totally different brand in the future.
    -----
    This post is just looking for "reviews" about Solar Cynergy to see if anyone can provide their experience with "condition on arrival" and/or "experience using this brand."

Thanks, and I am looking forward to my time on this forum.

--TJ
  • solar pete
    Administrator
    • May 2014

Hello tb144050 and welcome to Solar Panel Talk, I have never heard of those panels before. I had a look on solarreviews.com and they are not listed there either, good luck with it, cheers.

Comment

• tb144050
      • Nov 2016

Solar Pete, Thanks for the greeting.

It just seems so very odd that I would receive 2 orders of damaged panels when the packaging did not appear "banged up." Atleast they work and I ended up getting 4x 100w panels for $54/each.
      ------
      As a side note, anyone is welcome to list ANY product, brand, or model that a newbie should AVOID.

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

• tb144050
        • Nov 2016

"Wonderful" 20161103_105511b.jpg

Comment

• littleharbor
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jan 2016

Correct me if I am wrong. Solar Cynergy is a brand sold by Solar Blvd or Minidiscmini on ebay. I think this is their own brand. As far as damage to your modules, it most likely is from the shipping company. Solar panels don't ship well when completely encased in packaging aren't visible to the gorillas handling them.
          2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

• tb144050
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by littleharbor
            Correct me if I am wrong. Solar Cynergy is a brand sold by Solar Blvd or Minidiscmini on ebay. I think this is their own brand. As far as damage to your modules, it most likely is from the shipping company. Solar panels don't ship well when completely encased in packaging aren't visible to the gorillas handling them.
            I am in agreement with this. You have named my supplier, and I agree that the shipments in theory would get better treatment if the handler could actually SEE atleast a little bit of the glass material, hopefully encouraging the handler to fear breaking the glass.
            ----
            Do you suspect that they produce their own panels, or is it possible that they buy foreign or rejected panels....and just put their name on it to sell them?
            ---------
            Thanks for your input. Before I decide to place my 3rd order for panels/expansion.....Questions still open for more reviews from others:
            --What was the "condition on arrival?"
            --Personal review of "panel performance?"

Comment

• littleharbor
              Solar Fanatic
              • Jan 2016

Most likely they are foreign made (China). They use Q-cell cells which are a well known cell mfg. in some of their modules. Solar Blvd. has been in business for many years now and I would suspect they aren't dumping junk modules on the unsuspecting public. They recently had a huge quantity frameless laminate modules in the 300+ watt range which they were selling at a ridiculously low price, THAT I wondered about. There was some discussion here recently about these modules. Maybe another member who has direct experience with them will chime in.
              2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Working...