Snap Crackle and Pop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snap Crackle and Pop

Aloha, Just like the title says, today had the blinking Christmas light effect going on. Lost power to some outlets, (this one really has me scratching my head, why only 4 outlets quit working but were 5 on the same circuit ) had lights popping and burning out, lost 4 ceiling fans one with serious burnt out remote unit with black burn marks on the ceiling, now freezer is not freezing, lucky I installed surge protectors on some expensive $25,000 x's 2 bioresonance generators and our 4 computers, all 6 surge protectors burnt out. The XW 6848's kept putting out voltage surges. Put 3light bulbs in a lamp and watched them pop. Lucky our installer was at a meeting close by. After he arrived we both heard a fizzling sound coming from the inverters shut everything down and switched to Utility Power and now everything running smoothly.

Previously some of your replies suggested a lightning surge but that was not the case this time or the other time. Definitely something up with the inverters. Has anyone experienced this before? Now going shopping to replace damaged appliances. Will file claim to Schneider for the replacements.
    AlmostOffGridHawaiian

It does sound like a system generated surge coming from the inverters or should I say it from the power source (batteries??). Something is up. Hopefully Schneider can find the problem and fix it.I hope it is in their equipment and not the batteries.

Sorry for your problems. Keep us informed.

Comment

I would have shut it down at first notice of trouble, not have waited until it destroyed additional appliances.

Comment

What you are describing is quite common with Utility feeds and still possible with an Inverter. Is your Inverter configured for 240/120?

If so what you described is a loose or open Neutral Circuit connection.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
        X