Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading inverter from 12V to 24V, need advice on battery

Hi,
    I am upgrading my inverter from a 12V 800VA system to 24V 1600VA system. The old battery is 3 years in use and still provides as much backup as new.

I want to know if its advisable to add another battery of same brand, model and capacity. The old and new batteries will be in series.

Battery specs: 180AH Inva Tubular (AMCO, Indian brand)

Kindly provide some inputs.

Have a nice day.

Originally posted by SolarEnthusiast View Post
    Hi,
    I am upgrading my inverter from a 12V 800VA system to 24V 1600VA system. The old battery is 3 years in use and still provides as much backup as new.

I want to know if its advisable to add another battery of same brand, model and capacity. The old and new batteries will be in series.

Have a nice day.
    Howdy SolarEnthusiast and welcome to Solar Panel Talk

I am no battery expert, there are a few around who might chime in to help you out, however I do believe that its a bad idea to add a new battery to an old one as the old one will shorten the life on the new battery, cheers

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SolarEnthusiast View Post
        Hi,

Have a nice day.
        I have no experience with the Inva battery. I would say you could add a new one to the old one wired in series but the chances of reducing the life of the new one down to the remaining life of the old one is pretty high.

Old batteries tend to reduce the life of new ones even in a series circuit. Worse in a parallel wired circuit. Sort of like the one bad apple in the bunch scenario.

Comment

i have 150ah battery and 200w of solar panel with 12v battery want to know about that how it will take long to charge it.

Comment

Originally posted by raj.verman281 View Post
            i have 150ah battery and 200w of solar panel with 12v battery want to know about that how it will take long to charge it.
            Depends on the type of charge controller you use & the Imp rating of that 200w panel. Also how much of that 150ah battery has been discharged?

Comment

replace all the batteries, and keep the old ones to play with.
              4X Suniva 250 watt, 8X t-105, OB Fx80, dc4812vrf

Comment

Working...
              X