X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

Originally posted by almac
    no, but fire has been on my mind, shall ask at the local store for appropriate fuse
    The local store may not be in a position to advise you on a DC capable fuse. Blue Sea is one manufacturer of good DC fuses and holders for high current applications, but there are others. Automotive fuse holders and fuses may not do the job, especially at voltages above 12V DC.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• Sunking
      Solar Fanatic
      • Feb 2010

Try MARINE shops.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

• almac
        Solar Fanatic
        • May 2015

the local store has inverters and CCs so they should have dc fuses

Comment

• inetdog
          Super Moderator
          • May 2012

the local store has inverters and CCs so they should have dc fuses
          Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a local RE/PV store, so you can understand our misunderstanding.
          SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• almac
            Solar Fanatic
            • May 2015

Originally posted by inetdog
            Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a local RE/PV store, so you can understand our misunderstanding.
            re is very popular in australia, except for bala he hates it. families here get $1500 quarterly power bills so with the solar panel rebates the government has offered in recent years the take up for roof top grid tie solar panels has been huge. they now account for over a gigawatt of power generation. the breakdown of a power bill in NSW is about 80c a day for network fees, then average about 26c per kwh. since i dont use much power i will stay off grid. finding some good heavy duty 12v batteries lately on the kerb, some of them are taking a charge well so still have life. will set up a junked battery bank soon.

Comment

• Sunking
              Solar Fanatic
              • Feb 2010

re is very popular in australia, except for bala he hates it. families here get $1500 quarterly power bills so with the solar panel rebates the government has offered in recent years the take up for roof top grid tie solar panels has been huge. they now account for over a gigawatt of power generation. the breakdown of a power bill in NSW is about 80c a day for network fees, then average about 26c per kwh. since i dont use much power i will stay off grid. finding some good heavy duty 12v batteries lately on the kerb, some of them are taking a charge well so still have life. will set up a junked battery bank soon.
              So you went from 26 cents per Kwh to $1 per kwh. You call that saving money?
              MSEE, PE

Comment

• almac
                Solar Fanatic
                • May 2015

Originally posted by Sunking
                So you went from 26 cents per Kwh to $1 per kwh. You call that saving money?
                for me it was about 30c per kwh after network fees. for me its not about saving money, its poor service, NO service. truck took out my power cable from pole to house across the main rd, ripped off the gable and smashed my fence, lucky no one killed. ausgrid never reconnected it , they told me its my expense to get the repairs. my immediate concern was getting power and thanks for your help i have done that. lawyers can wait.

Comment

Working...