X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike90250
    replied
    Originally posted by Indanao
    Yes, on the Panels. Bought them cracked in shipping by UPS from a Solar Company on Ebay for $660. ......
    They work NOW. In 2 years they will be dead, unless you live in the desert, then it will take 5 years to die from moisture ingress.

Leave a comment:

• inetdog
    replied
    This discussion is cluttering up a useful sticky thread, so I am closing the thread for now.
    If I can figure out how to move the latest posts to another thread, I will, but that ability seems to have vanished in the current version of the software.

Leave a comment:

• ButchDeal
    commented on 's reply
    you should probably start your own thread. You have a lot to learn and this sticky thread is not the place for it.
    For now plan on 4 or 8 batteries at 12V each or 8 at 6V, 6 will not work.

You can plan on using 9 of the modules or get one more. they should all be tested to make sure they are working.
    You will need an MPPT Charge controller like from outback Power or midnight.
    you will need an electrician or some serious studying.

• Indanao
    replied
    We planned a 48V Controler, mmp type.

Leave a comment:

• Indanao
    replied
    No..i guess that would make it a 72V system. I still don't see why not? If you put 2 12V in Parallel you have 12V....many amps.?

Leave a comment:

• Indanao
    replied
    Interesting. Well you could put 2 24V batteries in series with 2 12V Batteries ?

Leave a comment:

• ButchDeal
    commented on 's reply
    CC is charge controller. what is the charge controller.
    you will need a fused combiner as well though but that is separate.

• ButchDeal
    commented on 's reply
    HUH!?? you can't put 4 12Volt batteries in series to make a 48V bank and parallel that with two 12V batteries. This can not be done.

• Indanao
    replied
    Yes, on the Panels. Bought them cracked in shipping by UPS from a Solar Company on Ebay for $660. There were 11 on there way to Cebu. Sounds like I may need one more. Not quite sure what CC is...combiner?

Leave a comment:

• Indanao
    replied
    Well, for 4 in series, and 2 in parallel off of two of them. Just for the storage.

Leave a comment:

• ButchDeal
    commented on 's reply
    I thought you were building a 48V system?? why would you buy "6" 12V batteries for a 48V system? did you mean 8 or 4?
    also you said you are getting 11 modules? bad idea. don't get a prime number of modules. What CC are you using? most likely you are going to want strings of 3 so you would want 12 modules.

• Indanao
    replied
    Your right. But, the reason it won't start in Cold Weather ( and it never has ), is because it isn't an AGM Battery. An AGM Battery will sustain max CCA ( cold cranking amps) until it dies. I'm guessing then that the answer is - because it won't last.

Just curious as to your personal solar experiences - and if anyone who's tried it can say what to expect. I expect to have to buy 6 12V 250amp Storage Batteries for our 3080W system (11 280W Panels) from China. They quoted me $219 CNF Cebu per piece.

Leave a comment:

• ButchDeal
    commented on 's reply
    running your battery flat cuts the life. The longer it is left flat the more life is cut. your indication that it will not start in cold weather it is showing its life. Don't run it flat and it will last a decade, run it flat and you might get a few years.

• Indanao
    replied
    When I'm in Canada, my LandRover diesel won't start when it gets down to zero degrees. I have run it flat 10 times, ( right dead ) boosted it off my other car, and it came right back. I guess all batteries deteriorate some each time used and recharged.

Leave a comment:

• SunEagle
    commented on 's reply
    Some people actually use those Yellow and Blue top Optima batteries in their car. Technically they are considered deep cycle but they will still not live long if they are discharge too low.

@Indnao. What is the make and model of your Car Deep Cycle battery?
Working...