X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sundetective
    Solar Fanatic
    • Sep 2011

Changhong Nickel Iron (Ni-Fe) Batteries for Solar PV

This is one of the latest documents from the people actually manufacturing the modern Chinese Ni-Fe Cells for North America.

It's a good time to see the info because the trend now is for this Ni-Fe information to get the 'Dumbing Down' treatment.

In the US and Canada some parts of this Changhong Brochure/Manual are being used to sell Ni-Fe batteries
    while other sections of it are being eliminated or the language is being changed to suit the sellers.

Like the comments about Ni-Fe Internal Resistance as an example.
    Censorship to make a buck.

Changhong themselves said recently that they try to be straight and conservative in their claims.
    For the most part (not every word) I believe them. When it comes to battery technology when I think of Changhong
    a few words that come to mind are huge, diversified and cautious.

There have been so few first hand reviews about Ni-Fe Cells and so few tests done in America that losing what the actual builders
    have learned would be a real shame.

Here's the Link before this Original Copy in China somehow gets the 'HACK JOB' put on it.

Solar Ni-Fe cell catalogue

Bill Blake
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

Originally posted by Sundetective
    Here's the Link before this Original Copy in China somehow gets the 'HACK JOB' put on it.

http://www.changhongbatteries.com/Ni...13_m2.2.1.html ...
    hmm, seems to be a broken link for me tonight.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Sundetective
      Solar Fanatic
      • Sep 2011

The Strange Case of Changhong Nickel Iron (Ni-Fi) Batteries

Originally posted by Mike90250
      Mike, The Changhong Solar Brochure/Manual Link worked just fine when I posted it.

The Chinese watch the Solar Forums in the USA because we talked about with the Changhong PhD Battery Chemist.

Perhaps I am becoming a dangerous man to them. Perhaps they are getting scared.

Who knows?

I noticed that you used an illustration that came out of that SAME Document on 09-07-2011 at 05:15 PM in

It was very surprising that the Changhong document had never been listed here but this study of Ni-Fe Cells isn't anything but
      revelations from time to time.

Took a break from it for about 6 months. Had another project going.
      Then came back several weeks ago to wrap up some conclusions (for myself) which I did.
      Then recently I had another bombshell laid on me about the batteries.
      Also another bombshell from re-reading old Edison accounts from other Countries.

Mainly because people with Ni-Fe Cells in America have a tendency to talk a lot when they first order the batteries.
      Then you may hear a little whining and crying about something to do with the unusual

'Father of Chinese American Nickel Iron Cells' in Colorado. Hi John!

Then normally the conversation about their expensive Ni-Fe batteries just disappears.
      Like some Aliens came and took their Ni-Fe Cells away and slapped them down or something.

Yes the whole deal is a strange case from start to finish.
      HOWEVER IF I decide to see it through they could never have picked a better guy to get to the bottom of this Ni-Fe deal.

I ran that SAME Changhong Link in another forum that you (Mike) have run thousands of posts in.
      How many of those guys had problems reading it and then posting comments about what they read and THE CHARTS?

I'll keep my new info close to the vest for now. Can you blame me?

Bill Blake

Comment

• russ
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2009

Same problem here when I tried the link and also to the Changhong site itself.

Russ

Originally posted by Sundetective
        I ran that SAME Changhong Link in another forum that you (Mike) have run thousands of posts in.
        How many of those guys had problems reading it and then posting comments about what they read and THE CHARTS?

Bill Blake
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Sundetective
          Solar Fanatic
          • Sep 2011

Anyone in this group can have a copy of Changhong & The Electric Indian

Originally posted by russ
          Same problem here when I tried the link and also to the Changhong site itself.

Russ
          Russ,

Anyone from this Group can email me and the ORIGINAL Changhong Solar PV Brochure/Manual
          can be emailed to them via an attachment.

They changed things now and I can't Copy and Paste this Changhong Document like I could with older Changhong Documents.
          It's a long story.

There is a website in America that has the NEW stripped down version of The Solar PV from Changhong and The Electric Indian.
          However I won't post it because it might hurt John a bit.
          John has supplied myself and a couple of others a lot of information. The man will take a tremendous amount of abuse
          and keeps coming like a Bull. As long as he feels there is a chance of a sale. So far I have refused to spend money
          like I was buying a car with no real spec sheet - just to find out what SHOULD BE public information.

China HAS released detailed Internal Resistance figures on Ni-CD cells
          and if they are similar to Ni-Fe (which I think they are) then buying the 100's instead of the 800's
          would be a huge joke. They are not even the same batteries for what I want to know.

Anyway I will have to 'slice' John a little and a friend of mine has enjoyed teasing him about it. The 'Slice Job' is ONLY to point
          out some truths and hopefully get down to the REAL Fantastic Story behind these batteries which has never really been told.
          There is great weakness as well as great strength.
          Can new operating methods minimize the weaknesses and capitalize on the strengths enough to spend the big money?

Plus John has never told blatant lies (like your some fool) to make a sale. A competitor of his is telling huge Lies to make a
          Ni-Fe sale. This is going to hurt his 'Brother Solar Man' real bad for real hard earned money and really has to stop.
          We helped the guy learn in the past and we can help 'learn him' right now if it doesn't stop real soon.

When I Post John's Ni-Fe Battery Warranty people may say 'Who was that old masked man'
          He really did know what to look for.

Lastly I knew from the first 58 minute conversation with the 'Changhong Doctor of Batteries'
          that they were starting to run scared. NOT because of this minor Harry Homeowner market but the potential 'bleed'
          into their Commercial business.

Google is starting to have a field day with a number of Bill Blake postS under different Ni-Fe topics.
          They jump on it near immediately.

Little did I realize that China would just shut the whole Changhong website (to America) down until they could fix it.
          (Actually I don't have a clue.)

Bill Blake

Comment

• Sundetective
            Solar Fanatic
            • Sep 2011

Changhong has turned back ON again!

Originally posted by Mike90250
            Mike, Changhong turned their website back on again after being off for days.

Now is a good time to Save that Ni-Fe Solar PV information if anybody is interested.

This topic has a rich history of back stabbing and revelation.

There is never any telling when somebody will Drop the Dime

square on one of the Changhong Battery Dealers.

Or when they will Drop the Dime on each other.

Might be tomorrow night.

Bill Blake

Comment

Working...