Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling All Ni-Fe OWNERS - REAL Nickel-Iron Results and Experience Requested Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling All Ni-Fe OWNERS - REAL Nickel-Iron Results and Experience Requested Please

Can we get Actual Owners of Ni-Fe to share their feedback with us on them? If you own Ni-Fe, please reply with useful feedback of your experience with this battery technology so we can learn from your experience. Some useful suggestions are:
    1. System Details: Volts, Amp hours, PV, Charger, Loads, Time in service?
    2. Discharge/Charge experience: Do you discharge deeper than 50%, if so How deep, how often, and how long? Maybe rate for us how hard your actual system is on them (Mild, Moderate, Brutal) and if they holding up to abuse as claimed? Any Charging/Discharging tips or advice?
    3. General Maintenance: Watering frequency, tips, feedback? Please Note: Electrolyte refresh is a whole thread by itself, so lets break that topic out to it's own thread if needed.
    4. Ni-Fe Rating: Has it been a Good or Bad experience owning Ni-Fe for you? Actual Pros/Cons from your Experience?

These are just ideas/suggestions to get a useful Ni-Fe thread going, but feel free to include/share anything that may help others - Based On Your Personal Experience with running Ni-Fe in your system please.

Thread Goal: The Goal of this thread is to keep it Useful and to share Ni-Fe experience and feedback from Actual Owners. As such, Please No: Bashing, Attacks, Slander, Accusations, Lies, Sales, Drama - or any other Distractions (aka Noise) that somehow seem to derail otherwise potentially useful and good Ni-Fe threads.

Thread Guideline:
    This thread is requesting Ni-Fe Owners to post Helpful Information and share Experience with others. I know Ni-Fe is a different animal and thus a very charged (pun intended ) topic for some, but Please keep Non-Owner Personal Opinions and Prejudice Out of this thread. Meaning - Please be Courteous of its intended goal and don't poison it with posts that are Not based on Actual Owner's Personal Experience with Ni-Fe. As such, if you're Not an Ni-Fe Owner and have to post - Please keep it Short and to the Point.

Participant Request: Please kindly and promptly refer any posters who deviate from this "Keep it Useful and Helpful" discussion direction back to the Thread Goal and Thread Guideline stated above in the initial post. Hopefully in doing so, it will help keep it on track by discouraging unnecessary noise from creeping in taking over.

I (we) look forward to hearing from our Ni-Fe users and learning from your experience.

Thanks!
    -SS

Hi Spencer - Welcome but sure do like to try to set rules on your second post - love pushy types - not!

If you follow a number of threads on various site the answer is there but better to have someone tidy it all up for you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Solar Spencer View Post
      Can we get Actual Owners of Ni-Fe to share their feedback with us on them? If you own Ni-Fe, please reply with useful feedback of your experience with this battery technology so we can learn from your experience. Some useful suggestions are:...
      And who are you, and what do you bring to the party ? Market research for your own project ? Troubleshooting your own bank ?
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Life's too short....

Haha, ya know on second thought, I've got to go with my gut on this and cut bait on this here entire forum. Way too much negativity flyin for me. Later fellas, have a nice one.

With my Highest and Best Regards,
        -Spencer

Comment

Haha, ya know on second thought, I've got to go with my gut on this and cut bait on this here entire forum. Way too much negativity flyin for me. Later fellas, have a nice one.

-Spencer
          Nah you just got busted.
          MSEE, PE

Comment

-Spencer
            Good riddance - seems that if you don't get your way you will take the ball and go home? No big deal.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
              Good riddance - seems that if you don't get your way you will take the ball and go home? No big deal.
              I do not think that anybody, regardless of their overall position in NiFe, will dispute that they do not bounce very well.
              SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
              X