What is the thread size on a 50AH Lifepo4 battery?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old_Man
    • Feb 2018

What is the thread size on a 50AH Lifepo4 battery?

Bought a Lifepo4 battery, 12VDC, 50AH, but it came without terminal screws. Can someone tell me the thread size or do I have to take the battery to the hardware store and find screws the hard way?

Can anyone tell me?
  • SunEagle
    Super Moderator
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Old_Man
    Bought a Lifepo4 battery, 12VDC, 50AH, but it came without terminal screws. Can someone tell me the thread size or do I have to take the battery to the hardware store and find screws the hard way?

Can anyone tell me?
    Unfortunately each battery may have different screw sizes based on if they are english or metric. Have you checked the paperwork that came with the battery or maybe a website that has that battery info.

Comment

• Old_Man
      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by SunEagle

Unfortunately each battery may have different screw sizes based on if they are english or metric. Have you checked the paperwork that came with the battery or maybe a website that has that battery info.
      Welp, hardware store it is. **ck.

I have cables coming with terminals on the other end, coming for charger to battery from Grape Solar. 5' 10AWG, bare wire on one end, ring terminals on the other. Once that's here, it's connect and fire up time. It's a little scary but it's anticipation straining at the leash.
      Last edited by Old_Man; 05-02-2023, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Ampster
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

In terms of individual cells, a lot of those later ones with the Aluminum cases use 6mm. i prefer studs and nuts because that way you can make sure the threads go all the way to the bottom with less risk of stripping threads if your lugs are thick and screw length is too short. Too long a screw length will sometimes puncture the bottom of the terminal and let electrolyte out of the cell.
        In terms of a battery in a case, the risk is a lot less because the cells are protected by the case which has separate terminals. You may have to take the complete battery in a SunEagle suggested.
        Last edited by Ampster; 05-01-2023, 12:13 PM.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Working...