LFP for Telecom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LFP for Telecom

In the country where I am living right now a lot of out-of-service LFP are for sale on the (second hand) consumer market. Attached an example.

My questions are:
    1. Can a floatservice LFP give a lot of cycles?

2. How is it possible that such LFP already being dumped by Telecom companies when 4 years ago no one offered them as ex-Telecom, only used AGM's like NS Red?

According to specs it will last 3x longer than conventional batteries but they are now already being dumped..???
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GeorgeF; 10-17-2021, 10:04 AM.

Originally posted by GeorgeF View Post
    In the country where I am living right now a lot of out-of-service LFP are for sale on the (second hand) consumer market. Attached an example.

My questions are:
    1. Can a floatservice LFP give a lot of cycles?

2. How is it possible that such LFP already being dumped by Telecom companies when 4 years ago no one offered them as ex-Telecom, only used AGM's like NS Red?

According to specs it will last 3x longer than conventional batteries but they are now already being dumped..???
    Li chemistry will always provide more power then a standard FLA or AGM but you really have to consider the cost per cycle.

And with used batteries there is really no way to determine how many cycles they have left in them.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

Li chemistry will always provide more power then a standard FLA or AGM but you really have to consider the cost per cycle.

And with used batteries there is really no way to determine how many cycles they have left in them.
      Are there different kinds of LFP like lead acid thin plates high discharge less cycles and thick plates deep cycle for continuous stable discharge and much more cycles?

Or is every LFP suitable for cyclic (offgrid) service ?

Comment

Are there different kinds of LFP like lead acid thin plates high discharge less cycles and thick plates deep cycle for continuous stable discharge and much more cycles?

Or is every LFP suitable for cyclic (offgrid) service ?
        There are different type of Li chemistry batteries. I don't know about them having any "plates" but they are manufactured with different materials. Although any used battery will have a shorter lifespan then a new one. And the number of cycles will depend on the chemistry along with how often they were used or abused.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

There are different type of Li chemistry batteries. I don't know about them having any "plates" but they are manufactured with different materials. Although any used battery will have a shorter lifespan then a new one. And the number of cycles will depend on the chemistry along with how often they were used or abused.
          Im sorry. Perhaps my reply above is a bit confused. Refering to the plates is just an example of the different kind of lead acid.

​​​​​​We are talking about LFP only here and im wondering if a floatservice LFP , like the screenprinted example above, can give a lot of cycles?

Is there a difference between a floatservice LFP and a cyclic service LFP?

Lead acid , there is a definitely a difference between floatservice and offgrid service.

Comment

Im sorry. Perhaps my reply above is a bit confused. Refering to the plates is just an example of the different kind of lead acid.

​​​​​​We are talking about LFP only here and im wondering if a floatservice LFP , like the screenprinted example above, can give a lot of cycles?

Is there a difference between a floatservice LFP and a cyclic service LFP?

Lead acid , there is a definitely a difference between floatservice and offgrid service.
            From what I know a floatservice battery is not rated for high number of cycles. They are used to insure there is power to equipment when the grid goes down. Just like a UPS for computers. If these batteries were designed to keep the telecom equipment running when "normal" power was removed then they fall into the UPS short cycle count battery category. They are still useful but will never provide a high number of cycles that an FLA or standard Li chemistry battery are designed for.

Comment

Working...
            X