No announcement yet.

Howdy! Just bought 8 of the Battle Born 100 amp-hour LiFePO4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a number of heat sources and some may withstand the weight of batteries better than others. Or they may fit the battery compartment better. Also, if I needed a heat source I would buy one without a thermostat and I would buy a separate thermostat with a display and remote temp sensor. That way I could set it to prevent the batteries from going below the target. Batteries, reptiles, and seedlings have different ideal temerature preferences. It would be a waste of energy trying to keep a battery at the ideal temperature of a tropical plant or reptile.
    Last edited by Ampster; 02-10-2021, 08:58 PM.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Ampster View Post
      There are a number of heat sources and some may withstand the weight of batteries better than others. Or they may fit the battery compartment better. Also if I needed a heat source I would buy one without a thermostat and I would buy a separate thermostat with a display znd remote temp sensor. That way I could set it to prevent the batteries from going below the target. Batteries, reptiles, and seedlings have different ideal temerature preferences. It would be a waste of energy trying to keep a battery at the ideal temperature of a tropical plant or reptile.
      That's why I am throwing this out to the experts so I can learn and not make a mistake.

Comment

So, why did you switch to lithium?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeF View Post
          So, why did you switch to lithium?
          Super long life cycle, no gassing, no maintenance, (built in battery maintenance system)...so easy to carry also! 30lbs/125lbs!

Comment

Originally posted by temu View Post

Super long life cycle, no gassing, no maintenance, (built in battery maintenance system)...so easy to carry also! 30lbs/125lbs!
            Are you using the batteries in a RV?

Long cycle life ? RE series true deep cycle also can give a lot of cycles .

Mods: i also posted a new post, and its waiting for approval, possible spam ????

Comment

Are you using the batteries in a RV?

Long cycle life ? RE series true deep cycle also can give a lot of cycles .

Mods: i also posted a new post, and its waiting for approval, possible spam ????
              Off grid cabin. Tired of the 5-7 year L16 change out cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by temu View Post

I can add to that; better efficiency, no Peukerts, more usable kWh per Ahr and less maintenance than some Pb types.
                Last edited by Ampster; 02-20-2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I can add to that; better efficiency, no Peukerts, more usable kWh per Ahr and less maintenance than some Pb types.
                  But per Kwh more expensive , I think

Comment

So, pay your money, take your choice. Just don't do so without being as informed as necessary to lower the probability of not letting what you don't know bite you in the butt to what you think is an acceptable level.

Comment

The.operatuve word is "believe". There are some folks that believe differently, perhaps because they put weight on factors differently.

Comment

Hooked up everything yesterday. Swapped out over 900lbs of lead for 240lbs of real power. Pretty cool waking up and looking at my MATE reading at 26.4v compared to 25.0v.

Comment

Just an update for anyone curious. I built a 2" thick Styrofoam box out of one of those big 4x8 sheets from Home Depot. Inside with the batteries, I put a 3 gallon fish tank with a simple 25w tank heater hooked to a thermostat. Out side temp right now is 14 degrees - inside the box is 35, exactly where it is set to be. Can't be any happier!

Comment

Working...
                          X