LiFePo4 legit offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stekicar View Post

I appologize for late reply but I do not recevice any notification although I am subscribed to this post ...
    I hope you found out answer already. But in case, God forbid, you did not:
    Relay voltage is not for relay itself but for coil that opens/closes relay. I use 300 amp model "Cole HerseeTerra 880086" and it can withstand 300amp no matter voltage. I hope this answer your question.
    Oh, and it is LittELfuse, not littLEfuse ...
    This was my order:
    Waytek order.png
    I looked at the data sheet, and I'm sorry to say that you are mistaken about the maximum voltages. These relays are for VEHICLES, with either 12 or 24 volt electrical systems. The 12 volt model can operate on 9-16 volts, while the 24 volt model can operate on 18--30 volts. High amperage DC currents are extremely hard to break due to arcing, which is why it's almost impossible to find latching relays that can handle high DC currents at voltages higher than the 24 range.

Comment

Originally posted by openplanet View Post

I looked at the data sheet, and I'm sorry to say that you are mistaken about the maximum voltages. These relays are for VEHICLES, with either 12 or 24 volt electrical systems. The 12 volt model can operate on 9-16 volts, while the 24 volt model can operate on 18--30 volts. High amperage DC currents are extremely hard to break due to arcing, which is why it's almost impossible to find latching relays that can handle high DC currents at voltages higher than the 24 range.
      You are correct. I talked to Littelfuse engineer before I purchased contactor and he confirmed that they did not test it for 48V application but he was not against it either. When time permits I will test it and report what I have find out.

Comment

I use a more expensive Tyco contactor that is rated for high Amps and voltage. The main advantage is that is has an economiser circuit the reduces the current necessary to hold it closed to just a few Watts. Since it is on 24/7 a typical relay or contactor coil Wattage would add up over time.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Can you list the model number and vendor?
          For a long time I've been seeking, and have still not found, a BISTABLE, LATCHING relay that can handle high amps and at least 60 volts DC (to be used in a nominal 48 volt system). An item like this would completely solve the quiescent power issue. Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by openplanet View Post
            Can you list the model number and vendor?
            For a long time I've been seeking, and have still not found, a BISTABLE, LATCHING relay that can handle high amps and at least 60 volts DC (to be used in a nominal 48 volt system). An item like this would completely solve the quiescent power issue. Thx.
            The ones I use are not latching. They respond to loss of power. The manufacturer is Tyco Electronics. Kilovac Czonka Relay P/N EV200AAANA. The coil operates at 12-24vdc. I bought mine slightly used from a local EV conversion shop. I will post a link to some on Ebay. Amazon seems to be overpriced on this item.

Comment

Here you go:
              https://www.ebay.com/itm/TYCO-Kilova...EAAOSwVgdfpKIt

Comment

Working...
              X